For the win

Hoss

After our youngest and her family left this morning, we went to visit our oldest and her husband To take them the bagels and bread Mrs. Hoss had mad and to take them some of the bacon I had made. They like the pork belly bacon better than the buck board bacon, but would gladly eat both.

While there, we made a trip to COSTCO and look what I found.4BFBFC60-308F-40EB-8B39-441488EAEA3F.jpeg

Looks like more bacon makin coming up.

Big7

The Oracle
After our youngest and her family left this morning, we went to visit our oldest and her husband To take them the bagels and bread Mrs. Hoss had mad and to take them some of the bacon I had made. They like the pork belly bacon better than the buck board bacon, but would gladly eat both.

While there, we made a trip to COSTCO and look what I found.View attachment 1155845

Looks like more bacon makin coming up.
I'd like to know how to cure one of them Buckboard Bacons you speak of..

Care to share the process? ?

Hoss

I'd like to know how to cure one of them Buckboard Bacons you speak of..

Care to share the process? ?

Not much of an expert. The one I just posted was my first try. I started with a boston butt, removed the bone and split it so that the two halves were about the same thickness sa a pork belly. Then I used the same cure I used for pork belly bacon. I used an equilibrium brine method and used a dry brine. See the attached link.

https://jesspryles.com/pork-butt-bacon/

I added about the same amount of brown sugar as salt.

After coating and rubbing with the cure, I put it in a large ziplock bag and put it in the refrigerator for 9 days. It then got a rinse in cold water and then on to the pellet grill with apple wood pellets set at 180 degrees. Left it on until the meat hit 140 to 150 degrees. Cooled it down And sliced.

Less fat content than pork belly bacon. Tastes like bacon that is a bit more like ham.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Every time I go to Costco I see pork bellies in the cooler. I got to learn how to make bacon.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Yeah Buddy!!!!

Latest posts