Prepped for the invasion

Hoss

Both daughters are going to be here tomorrow, youngest with the 2 grandkids and oldest with husband. Youngest husband in in Florida fishing. We spent some time getting ready today so we could spend time with them and not cooking.
Got a turkey breast off the pellet grill.
IMG_4768.jpeg
A pork butt that was cooking at the same time.
IMG_3351.jpeg
Mrs. Hoss contributed with some fresh bread.
IMG_4769.jpeg
And a volcano cake.
IMG_4763.jpeg
Also some tater salad that I didn’t get a photo of. Also trying out some Hatch Chile peach salsa that I think will go good with the pork.
IMG_3350.jpeg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Both daughters are going to be here tomorrow, youngest with the 2 grandkids and oldest with husband. Youngest husband in in Florida fishing. We spent some time getting ready today so we could spend time with them and not cooking.
Got a turkey breast off the pellet grill.
View attachment 1246908
A pork butt that was cooking at the same time.
View attachment 1246909
Mrs. Hoss contributed with some fresh bread.
View attachment 1246910
And a volcano cake.
View attachment 1246911
Also some tater salad that I didn’t get a photo of. Also trying out some Hatch Chile peach salsa that I think will go good with the pork.
View attachment 1246912
Be surprised how well that salsa will go with the turkey. Back when I smoked a lot of thunder chickens I used a "jala-peach" glaze that paired really well with it.

Hoss

The supper went really well. Had 12 adults and 4 kids. Yeah it was a bit of a zoo, but the food was great. Sorry no pictures, was too busy eating and yes, I ate tooooooo much. I was sending leftovers home with everyone as there is no way we could clean it all up.