I want your opinions.

drhunter1

I recently was accused of Blasphemy because I told someone on X that I can speak the truth on Jesus’ behalf and that if I spoke lies on his behalf that would be blasphemy.

It is my understanding that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on his behalf.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

gordon 2

I recently was accused of Blasphemy because I told someone on X that I can speak the truth on Jesus’ behalf and that if I spoke lies on his behalf that would be blasphemy.

It is my understanding that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on his behalf.

Thoughts?
"It is my understanding that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on his behalf.

Thoughts?"

Where do you suppose that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on God's behalf? Might be wise to start there and check how you understand it.

I would be very interested in studying this with you.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I guess they’re focused on the “on his behalf “ part but when I read it I knew what you meant. Naw, no blasphemy there, man.

drhunter1

"It is my understanding that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on his behalf.

Thoughts?"

Where do you suppose that in scripture we are told to speak the truth on God's behalf? Might be wise to start there and check how you understand it.

I would be very interested in studying this with you.

My thought is that when we are speaking truth about the Gospel we are acting as his advocate. Spreading his word and the good news. Speaking on his behalf.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
My thought is that when we are speaking truth about the Gospel we are acting as his advocate. Spreading his word and the good news. Speaking on his behalf.
He’s speaking through us but I get what you mean.

drhunter1

I guess they’re focused on the “on his behalf “ part but when I read it I knew what you meant. Naw, no blasphemy there, man.
Right. I didn’t say I was speaking as him, it would be more speaking like him for him.

gordon 2

So if I am understanding you, you are acting within the frame of the Great Commission.

What might have been the cause of someone accusing you of blasphemy? Were you witnessing to another faith individual or group ( people who have a religion with a totally different understanding of God then God of the Christian tradition?

You were not accused of this by Christians, were you? Blasphemy is not something that the run of the mill Christians level at other Christians. ????

Or sometimes people use words that really don't convey what they mean to communicate. ????

I can see that someone might accuse of blasphemy for their understanding that someone declares they speak for God in the Christian context for example. Which is not what is meant at all by the person declaring it.

Last edited:

drhunter1

So if I am understanding you, you are acting within the frame of the Great Commission.

What might have been the cause of someone accusing you of blasphemy? Were you witnessing to another faith individual or group ( people who have a religion with a totally different understanding of God then God of the Christian tradition?

You were not accused of this by Christians, were you? Blasphemy is not something that the run of the mill Christians level at other Christians. ????

Or sometimes people use words that really don't convey what they mean to communicate. ????

I can see that someone might accuse of blasphemy for their understanding that someone declares they speak for God in the Christian context for example. Which is not what is meant at all by the person declaring it.
He was trying to make the case that berating a woman who put out a tick tock video. She just recently had a baby boy, out of Wedlock, and she’s suffering from postpartum depression and her boyfriend left her and moved out.

Yes having a child out of wedlock is wrong, we can all agree on that, but who among us hasn’t made their fare share of mistakes and poor choices.

Some guy chimes in and says something to the affect that Jesus would have compassion on her and would condemn her.

Then another guy chimes in “So you know Jesus”? I came in said yes, yes I do and you can too if you choose to.

He then says that this has nothing to do with the fight against abortion and asked if I spoke on Jesus behalf. My response was it has everything to do with the fight against abortion and yes I do speak on behalf of Jesus and quoted Mathew 10:32-33

His response was “Blasphemy” to which I said it absolutely was not Blasphemy because if it were anyone who quotes Jesus’ own words would be guilty of blasphemy and said if I were lying on behalf of Jesus then that would be blasphemy, but I was speaking the truth on his behalf.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Matthew 5
11 Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Well that is God’s word and not my opinion but it works!

My opinion is just speak the truth of Christ in love always. The one who rejects and condemns may not hear but maybe someone who God is pursuing is! And just rejoice that you are a part of His plan!

drhunter1

Matthew 5
11 Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Well that is God’s word and not my opinion but it works!

My opinion is just speak the truth of Christ in love always. The one who rejects and condemns may not hear but maybe someone who God is pursuing is! And just rejoice that you are a part of His plan!
Good advice. Thanks

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Your story reminds of the scripture where people drug the local harlot in front of Christ. After words with Christ the crowd wandered off. He asked the women, “Where are your accusers……” In the end he told her to “ Go and sin no more…..” Christ showed love, compassion, and forgiveness. When we act and speak this way we are displaying Christ through us. That’s the way I see it and appears that’s what you did.

drhunter1

Your story reminds of the scripture where people drug the local harlot in front of Christ. After words with Christ the crowd wandered off. He asked the women, “Where are your accusers……” In the end he told her to “ Go and sin no more…..” Christ showed love, compassion, and forgiveness. When we act and speak this way we are displaying Christ through us. That’s the way I see it and appears that’s what you did.
It wasn’t a contentious discussion either. I didn’t think anyway.