Fort Jackson SC-- Killing some foam

Poynor

Well all between a very heavy work cycle and kids in sports I havent been able to get out one time, Heck I've had a hard time just finding time to shoot my bow. So today I broke away and killed some foam on Fort Jackson. All shots where between 15-25 yards. I've got plans to hit some local MWA's in the next couple weeks I cannt wait.

photo KIMG0041_zpssyt8lbsx.jpg

photo KIMG0038_zpsrog9tx8k.jpg

photo KIMG0039_zps2uenyggp.jpg

photo KIMG0040_zpsrexshqrb.jpg

shooting photo IMG_2374 2_zpsae2spvj4.jpg

jackson 3 D photo KIMG0042_zpsrkpapd9o.jpg

Poynor

It is a Acadain Tree Stick 58" 50@28. The wood is birdeye's maple and cocobolo. I have been shooting 28 BOP Cedar matching color arrows. They are spinned 55-60 and I run 160 grains up front. It is a very sweet pulling bow but is also a very fickle bow. If i do my part it puts them right where I look.

robert carter

Came through SC today from top to bottom. Mighty purty country. Came through a big "wma" I guess called Sand Hills?
while I was in NC I went through PeeDee I think it was called. Could have been in SC I can`t remember but it was mighty purty with white oaks all over the place. RC

dm/wolfskin

Poynor, 1965 Fort Jackson, South Carolina. There's more than foam over there. :bounce::bounce:

Attachments

• 1965 3erd deer FJ SC.jpg
    1965 3erd deer FJ SC.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 307

Poynor

Post means Fort Jackson and I wasn't on the Fort. I was behind Annie B Burnside Elementary School when I got shot.
THATS IS A COOL PICTURE Brother and your right I'm starting to learn this place and the bow only areas are holding a few deer. Maybe weekend after next I'll be hanging in a tree trying to kill!!!!!!!

Poynor

Came through SC today from top to bottom. Mighty purty country. Came through a big "wma" I guess called Sand Hills?
while I was in NC I went through PeeDee I think it was called. Could have been in SC I can`t remember but it was mighty purty with white oaks all over the place. RC

RC it's is some pretty country. And a few good hills.

dm/wolfskin

3 things about that piture. First I'm 14. Second, the man who took the picture, Floyd, was incharge of the hunting at Fort Jackson and was a feather weight boxer on the 1937 Army Boxing team along with my dad that boxed light heavy weight. The third thing is I have the original black and white picture and the man standing in the back ground had his fly down. Someone did good on the editing before printing it in the paper. There was a Dusty Rhodes on that team too. My Dad was Dave. I would post the picture but it would probably get pulled.

Attachments

• names of 1937 boxing team.jpg
    names of 1937 boxing team.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 250

AllAmerican

That's really cool, I can see the "killer look'' in the young Mike's eyes! Thanks for sharing.

Cavalry Scout

Jackson was some of the best hunting I ever saw. I was there 97-99. Deer, ducks and fishing all the time. Army did get in the way some...