Forward Facing Sonar

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Next will be mini sub drones to go verify the species and size of the targets on FFS.

pbradley

I remember the first time I fished with a guy who had a brand new X70A Lowrance. I dropped my bait over the side and watched the fish move up to hit my lure. That was 30 years ago. Time and technology move on.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I remember the first time I fished with a guy who had a brand new X70A Lowrance. I dropped my bait over the side and watched the fish move up to hit my lure. That was 30 years ago. Time and technology move on.
I've still got a 9v "green box" bleeper if anyone want's it.

BassRaider

I have changed with the time. Started fishing from the bank with chicken livers, bought a boat and used a flasher & Hummingbird LCD, bought another boat and got an Eagle paper graph. Graduated to the 70A. Newer boat with Garmins & Terrova w/spotlock.
Can't justify the expense for FFS with my age and the style of fishing I do. I go at least once a week and catch my fair share of bass.

littlejon

Too me it's just another tool in the box. I use it, it's a game changer for sure. At least the lakes I fish. I love being able to see what I have not been able to see the past 50 years. . If it disappeared, I also would be perfectly fine.
There are worse things for the fish then FFS. Like tournaments, increase of popularity for the sport, bed fishing, (boy. I will get nailed for that statement) I understand what the OP is trying to say. All change is not good, all technology doesn't improve the essence of something.