Fresh squirrels

the Lackster

My little girl wanted to go get some squirrels yesterday afternoon so off we went. Wind was blowing and they didn't want to cooperate but i managed 4. I wanted her to get to shoot but i had to trick shot every one of them.
Anyway i supervised her as she made us a big batch of biscuits this morning. We cooked them a little done because i like my biscuits almost crunchy if they are going in gravy. Tonight i boiled the squirrel, pulled it off the bone, and then fried it up. Made a gravy from the squirrel grease and then put the meat in to simmer for a little while. Poured over the crumbled up biscuits made for a mighty fine super on this messy cold afternoon. So proud of my little one and the life skills she is learning at this age.Screenshot_20200102-194443_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200102-194454_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200102-194501_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200102-194511_Gallery.jpg

Oldstick

"Best Posts of The Year" awards? There would obviously be multiple awards due to the widespread interests on Woody's. But as for the first nomination of 2020, in several potential categories, the OP would get a vote from me. :clap:

the Lackster

Thanks a lot guys. The kind words mean more than i can express. Somedays i stress and feel like I'm doing this parenting thing all wrong then a day like this comes along and reminds me that as long as i listen to the Lord and lead by example that i can't go wrong. So blessed to have wonderful God fearing wife to stand by my side in this journey as well.
Warms my heart watching her and mommy in the kitchen together making memories as well. Like i was telling a good friend last night i want her to be the swiss army knife of life skills as she gets older. I don't pray for her to be the best at anything but rather be good at a lot of things. Past two days we have been working in land navigation and recognizing deer sign and it has been a blast. I know she needs to be in school but it's not gonna be as fun without her next week after this break.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a great day in the woods and in the kitchen , beautiful little girl u have , make as many memories as u can , they sure grow up fast , seems like yesterday mine was that age , she just turned 16 and it sure is hard watching her pull out of the driveway, but she still loves spending time with dad in the woods or on the lake !

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, it just doesn't get any better than that!