FSU/ Notre Dame

buckpasser

I thought CMN icing his own kicker there at the end was a bit odd. I see protesting the call, but doing it as the ball was snapped and watching that ball then fly through the uprights hurt after the miss that counted!

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
I thought CMN icing his own kicker there at the end was a bit odd. I see protesting the call, but doing it as the ball was snapped and watching that ball then fly through the uprights hurt after the miss that counted!

Yep, complete idiot. For him to think a shot at a 15-20 yrd shorter field goal has a better chance of success. Where'd we get this guy from? Pee Wee ball ;)

buckpasser

Yep, complete idiot. For him to think a shot at a 15 yrd shorter field goal has a better chance of success. Where'd we get this guy from? Pee Wee ball ;)

Well, I said I didn’t dislike the challenge, just the timing of it.

RedHills

Well, I said I didn’t dislike the challenge, just the timing of it.

Took a while for the call to come from upstairs (other coaches) to challenge. He did get the timeout before the snap...had to. I always think when kickers are put in that position, they just false stroke the ball. But few do. He clearly had time. Bottom line is misery beats depression and despair for this 50 yr a Nole fan. Well this week anyway :) Making progress!

buckpasser

Took a while for the call to come from upstairs (other coaches) to challenge. He did get the timeout before the snap...had to. I always think when kickers are put in that position, they just false stroke the ball. But few do. He clearly had time. Bottom line is misery beats depression and despair for this 50 yr a Nole fan. Well this week anyway :) Making progress!

Totally agree. I’m glad for the Nole faithful and also proud to see the stands still full after the end of the game with the crowd applauding the team. I went down there year before last for the Clemson game and the atmosphere then was basically the scene from Water boy with the mud dogs.

The guy beside me would scream “That play doesn’t work Willie!!!” when they lined up. Then he would scream “Told you so!!!” I think my butt may still be down there in seat 106 C because I laughed it off.

Gold Ranger

This is, literally, the first time I have seen an FSU team not roll over after falling behind since 2016. Norvell is building something down there.

How appropriate, on the night we celebrated Bowden, that we lose because of a missed kick?

Moral victories exist when you are as bad as we have been and this was one of them.

To quote Bowden's process: In big games..... Lose Big, Lose Close, Win Close, Win Big. I think we just reached step 2. Also, no way we didn't win over recruits with that atmosphere and that close of a loss. How many recruits walked away saying, "I can put them over the hump."?

Last edited:

RedHills

Have to add how impressed I am with McKenzie Milton. On field and post game presser/interview. Afterwards was asked "What it meant to get back on the football field".....his first reponse before thanking those who've supported him was "God is Real". Bobby B is awfully proud of this young man!