Ga coastal/offshore fishing

Ron4GA

Just relocated to central Ga, about 2 hours from the coast. Its time to get back out o the water. We lived in Navarre for quite a few years, fished mainly out of Destin. Looking to gather info on fishing off the coast for any and everything. We mainly like to run offshore, but reds in the shallows wouldn't hurt my feelings. Main goal this season is to get into some tarpon.

I use the Jekyll ramp for the most part if hitting "sfc,hlha formally (g) and r5". Hoping this hotter water will bring in the bait. Not much been chewing in that range. At least for me anyways!

Rabun

Exactly...I use slack times to discover new areas. A lot of times I'll return to where I left and the bite turned on.

The very reason I got certified to dive. Now its when I'm hungry not the fish. Lol. I trailer down to mayport and vilano. Alot more reefs reasonably close. Bite on fire down there right now

Sharkfighter

Good bottom bite at our coastal reefs in the 10-20 mi off shore range. The black sea bass are there always but COBIA are in and Red Snapper in decent numbers (but cant keep them). Spadefish are in but they are the most tight lipped fish I ever saw and most days wont bite But can be taken with snorkel and speargun. Spanish Mackeral are in and triggerfish should be here but i have not personnaly caught one this year.

oh and red drum are still at reefs but cant keep them, and black drum should be there. I did not see any cudda last week but if they are not there they will be soon andsame for kings. Also Big sharks are at the reefs.

Yes if your in it for catch and release tie on a chicken rig load it with squid and every drop will produce a undersize blackseabassoran almost extinct ARS. Or a 8-12" grunt. Seen barracuda at R5 3 weeks ago but had lock jaw. 8-12' hammerheads also showed their presences. Have not hooked a palegic off Ga coast yet this year.

Ron4GA

Appreciate the info guys. Been looking around online and found a ton of the public reef numbers. Hoping to get the boat wet within the next few weeks. Think we may head out of Savannah, since its the closest saltwater.