Gay lobby in Vatican

Artfuldodger

Wouldn't it be nice if the Catholic Church had some sort of universal language at every mass, and no matter where you went you could hear the Mass in that language.

But that's crazy right. There's no language out there that the Catholic Church used for centuries and centuries which is unchanging so the meanings for the words could not change over time, like they do with all living languages. Yep crazy. Nimium malus (too bad)

I and even some of the Church members could not understand the Priest because he was from another country. He wasn't speaking Latin but English for the most part.
Nimium malus for me and Catholic members everywhere who struggle to understand their Priest. Hopefully his Latin is nimium bene.

puddlehunter

Wouldn't it be nice if the Catholic Church had some sort of universal language at every mass, and no matter where you went you could hear the Mass in that language.

But that's crazy right. There's no language out there that the Catholic Church used for centuries and centuries which is unchanging so the meanings for the words could not change over time, like they do with all living languages. Yep crazy. Nimium malus (too bad)

I think they did and still do

gordon 2

I don't agree about a universal language. Everyone should be able to understand worship in his or her own cultural language. What might be of issue is that some cultures have not produced priest or ministers sufficient for the tasks. So the issue might be with catholic culture's uneasy fit within post modern western cultures, not language.

What is the difference between not understanding latin and not understanding Nigerian english?

I think people ( catholics) are afraid of the sacrements of their own church. The're afraid to get tangled up in them, like getting married in the church only to find, yet a young person, your on the outside if one's better half decides to kick you to the curb and you live with someone else as married couple. Or there are numerous questions concering the faithfulness of ( integrity in the call) to ministry itself. And today priests in my neck of the woods are advising the children of catholics who do not participate in the church to get married according to the law (state).

Most catholics ( ministers included) in the last 40 yrs are Henry the Eights, protestants, and apt to squander their time within the CC, quit and declare they are not getting something out of it as if they were entitled. Vocations are valued but not encouraged... Yet, when things were done via latin, society had priests factories... and alot of them models were Edsels or lemons passing themselves as apples. So latin is a bad word for many catholics. Personally I think catholics need monastic orders in every western diocese. We are to a new middle age in spiritual terms and only this spiritual shock will bring back vocations...to the church at large.

Personally I like the mass in english and french and when I can't understand the assembly's persident...well I contemplate on the readings ( by reading them) and loose myself to the eucherist...which I can't take...cause I was married to this sweetheart for one full yr until she decided there were greener pastures and I being a young buck....found another doe...had fawns, well you know the rest of the story.... ( You don't know what you got until its gone, and sometimes this is a good thing... I think. But latin is bankrupt as a language in my view... it belongs along with other attempts at on universal language, in a museum alongside Shaker furniture.)

The sacrements are not cutting it... for the culture we live in, but I think monastic spirituality will... Monastic spirituality for catholics will point to the body of Christ as other than just sacremental... it will point to saints, the gospel, scipture in general, salvation and redemption, the church fathers, ecumenism, grace, works, the sacrements themselves, Peter, Paul and Mary and Jesus in the temporal. New wine in new skins... nothing less...to the fullness of our faith.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
OK... I could look up some links that would go into a great
deal more than what I'm going to do but I'm not.

BTW... For those that don't already know, I am a
practicing Catholic and was born Catholic went to
Catholic school and the whole nine yards.

(I'm running a laptop that I'm not used to so I'm
slower than usual. Please forgive.)

Here's the deal. Read it. then you will know.

The "gay lobby" within the church can hoop and holler all they want to.
God called it an abomination. It goes against the teachings of the church
Jesus Christ Himself founded over 2000 years ago

The issue concerns Gays being admitted to The Church
and other issues. Examples include but not limited to are these:
Joining or remaining in the clergy, using Church property for gay
"events", functions, promotional purposes etc...
They are more than welcome to come to church to worship.
Always have, always will.

The Catholic Church runs the Catholic Church. Period.

You will never see anyone or any event that dictates
what the Church does on doctrinal issues except
the Pope that may or may not consult The College of
Cardinals. The one's that elected him as Pope. (most likely would though)

Never will see gays in the clergy.

Never see a married priest. With one exception
we will get into that a little later.

Never see a female priest.

Will always condemn abortion.

Will always condemn ARTIFICIAL birth control.
(different from having relations based on the female cycle)

Will always condemn premarital you know what.

And yes, homosexuality.

Again, all are welcome to worship.

These are doctrinal issues.

Many more that don't make the news will
never change. That's doctrinal. Extremely hard to change.
Almost never over the 2000+ year history
of the Catholic Church.

Doctrinal issues are different from Tradition.

It has nothing to do with the traditional clergy.
They are celibate in order to promote and proclaim the teachings
of the church full-time. With no distractions.

The ONLY exception is where a minister of another
denomination doctrinally close to Catholic faith
whom are ALREADY married and convert to the Catholic
Church can (and do) become priests.

Last edited: