Georgia / Florida (2022)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
DAWGs are good with an excellent coach but this and MO shows their vulnerable.
We struggled and still won by 22. I’ll take them kind of struggles any Saturday. You would too. :bounce: I agree though, we definitely got to play better against Tennessee. No doubt about it.

GO DAWGS!

MudDucker

Staff member
Without a couple of dumb mistakes on our part, this would have been a huge blowout. Florida was clearly way out matched. As Kirby said ... the only win the Gators had last night was the race to the parking lot.

westcobbdog

Was calling for our second qb today to get some action after watching one poorly angled / touched pass after another. All day long. He coulda had 3 pics easily. Unless he can run it like the winged god Mercury starting to feel like he is a liability.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Without a couple of dumb mistakes on our part, this would have been a huge blowout. Florida was clearly way out matched. As Kirby said ... the only win the Gators had last night was the race to the parking lot.

I listened to the game in the tree and followed it in the game thread here. Then I watched the replay last night. There's a huge gap between the two. The Dawgs made 3 big mistakes - Mc's fumble, Stetson's INT and the blown coverage by Starks.

There were a couple of dropped passes that were the receiver's fault that played big in robbing momentum. Like Knute Rockne said - "If you can touch it you should catch it." When the ball hits you in the middle of your chest between the 8 and the 4 (here's looking at you Ladd McConkey) you have no excuse for not catching it.

Other than that is was a solid performance on both sides of the ball. The Mailman is a gamer and he believes he can thread the needle in tight coverage because he's done it. He had a career high as far as passing stats in the first half. Sometimes you Bennett haters go a little too far in your criticism of him. The boy wins football games, period.

The Vols aren't going to have a perfect game next Saturday and they are going to be on our turf. My money is on the Dawgs.