Getting close!

longbowdave1

My target buck is the one that gets within 20 and quarters away. Same for my target does.
I hung a stand yesterday. All the clanging and banging and climbing sticks and ratchet straps and safety ropes and........
It’s exhausting fooling with all that junk. To me, anyway. I think I’m tired of it.
I’ll be spending a LOT of time on the ground this season. A bow and a pacseat. That’s it.
Awesome. Good luck Dendy. Hope you have a great season.

sawtooth

Thanks, I painted it, added a backpack and a kwikee kwiver mount.... Ground hunting is where it's at. I had a doe blow snot all over the back of my neck two years ago--- she was that close when she finally smelled me. Very intense. Plus, the shot angle is always better from the ground. Matter of fact- I shot a doe several years ago from the ground and the ENTRANCE hole was LOWER than the EXIT hole. She tried to duck and roll-- it did not work.

longbowdave1

Thanks, I painted it, added a backpack and a kwikee kwiver mount.... Ground hunting is where it's at. I had a doe blow snot all over the back of my neck two years ago--- she was that close when she finally smelled me. Very intense. Plus, the shot angle is always better from the ground. Matter of fact- I shot a doe several years ago from the ground and the ENTRANCE hole was LOWER than the EXIT hole. She tried to duck and roll-- it did not work.
looks like a perfect set up for the the ground hunter. Just when I put together my ground attack is when my body revolted. I'm back with with a vengeance and a renewed appreciation for being able to hunt the way I like to hunt. I also have a hammock chair zi want to use on the bottom section. Last year I found a runway near the marshy area that will make a great ambush point. In your face hunting.

hambone76

looks like a perfect set up for the the ground hunter. Just when I put together my ground attack is when my body revolted. I'm back with with a vengeance and a renewed appreciation for being able to hunt the way I like to hunt. I also have a hammock chair zi want to use on the bottom section. Last year I found a runway near the marshy area that will make a great ambush point. In your face hunting.
I have a nice little ground spot on my lease land-it’s a little hill that the deer come off of in a certain spot where the transition to the bottom isn’t so steep. I like it because it’s a place where the deer seem to watch their feet as they descend the hill. It takes their eyes off their surroundings for just a second. So far, I’ve only had chances during bow season when they’re going uphill instead of down.

strothershwacker

With my back boogerd I'll be on the ground a lot more this year. I'll be chasing bear on the ground. I love ground bear. It makes great burgers?

rnfarley

My target buck is the one that gets within 20 and quarters away. Same for my target does.
I hung a stand yesterday. All the clanging and banging and climbing sticks and ratchet straps and safety ropes and........
It’s exhausting fooling with all that junk. To me, anyway. I think I’m tired of it.
I’ll be spending a LOT of time on the ground this season. A bow and a pacseat. That’s it.View attachment 1036285

Do you ever pack quarters on that thing? I've been thinking of using one for roaming the mountains when I may need to quarter something out just for sheer impossible drag's sake. Wondered how comfortable these would be for that without much lumbar support or bigger straps. Is it mostly a chair you can use as a bag, or is it a pretty fair meat hauler?

bowhunterdavid

I got everything ready to go this year,and got life lines put up Saturday in 6 lock on stands. Hope my hand heals up by the 12th, but not looking good see hand surgeon today.

sawtooth

Do you ever pack quarters on that thing? I've been thinking of using one for roaming the mountains when I may need to quarter something out just for sheer impossible drag's sake. Wondered how comfortable these would be for that without much lumbar support or bigger straps. Is it mostly a chair you can use as a bag, or is it a pretty fair meat hauler?

I’ve never packed anything out on it because I’ve never had to. But it’s fully capable. That’s what it was designed for. And it does have lumbar support and big straps around the waist. They are removable and I took mine off. You should visit the website for a lot of good info on it. Plus- David is one of a kind. You’ll enjoy talking with him if you ever do.

hambone76

I’m ready. All that’s left to do is to lay my clothing out and treat the garments with Permethrin. I have a bachelor group of bucks showing up regularly, some are still in velvet, some are all polished up. I’m hoping that their daytime pattern continues for another couple of weeks.

longbowdave1

I’m ready. All that’s left to do is to lay my clothing out and treat the garments with Permethrin. I have a bachelor group of bucks showing up regularly, some are still in velvet, some are all polished up. I’m hoping that their daytime pattern continues for another couple of weeks.
Go get em'

hambone76

I’m hoping that we can get an arrow in this one, before he can spread his seed. We’ve been seeing a few bucks like this for the past few seasons. Almost every one of them has had a messed-up left side with no brow tine and kickers at the base.
2E9D3233-7054-4FEF-8AD3-D3303EC0076F.jpeg

longbowdave1

I’m hoping that we can get an arrow in this one, before he can spread his seed. We’ve been seeing a few bucks like this for the past few seasons. Almost every one of them has had a messed-up left side with no brow tine and kickers at the base.
View attachment 1036648
I see delicious steaks and chops.....

hambone76

I repositioned one of my stand locations and got it set up over some muscadines that have been dropping for the past week. There’s feeding sign all over the place beneath the vine. I also found some Water Oaks dropping already.
I have 4 good options for the opener..
Where I sit will be determined by how the wind is blowing.

hambone76

I’ve got to go back and spruce up one of my ground setups this week before the acorns start raining down in this spot. It’s the end of a big finger that juts out and drops off down to the River. Right behind is a big rock outcropping and a steep bluff. There’s a drainage that funnels the deer up over this finger on their way to feed on the adjacent hardwood ridge. They pass by within striking distance for me. It’s also also bow range from three huge white oaks. These two huge rocks make a perfect, natural blind.
02640405-15F7-400F-93F8-AEAE92D1F2B6.jpeg

longbowdave1

I’ve got to go back and spruce up one of my ground setups this week before the acorns start raining down in this spot. It’s the end of a big finger that juts out and drops off down to the River. Right behind is a big rock outcropping and a steep bluff. There’s a drainage that funnels the deer up over this finger on their way to feed on the adjacent hardwood ridge. They pass by within striking distance for me. It’s also also bow range from three huge white oaks. These two huge rocks make a perfect, natural blind.
View attachment 1037302
Looks great!A lot like the rocks at my spot.

longbowdave1

Drove by my spot today on the way home. It was tempting, but I did not stop in. Want to let it sit undisturbed until Saturday am.