Goldberg To Be Inducted Into The National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame

brownceluse

Goldberg To Be Inducted Into The National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame
by UGA Sports Communications
Georgia Football News

ATHENS, Ga. --- Former University of Georgia football player Bill Goldberg will be inducted into The National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Museum on April 18, 2010 in Commack, N.Y. Goldberg starred as an All-SEC nose guard and defensive tackle.

Goldberg arrived at Georgia in 1985 and saw action in 10 games in the 1986 season. He was very influential in the '87 and '89 seasons as defensive tackle as well as in the '88 season as nose guard. In 1987, Goldberg became a member of the Junkyard Dog Club, an exclusive honor reserved for only the most outstanding defensive players.

Goldberg's 348 career tackles at the University of Georgia rank ninth on the all-time Georgia career tackle list. With his 178 career tackle assists, Goldberg ranks sixth in the Georgia record books. He was the annual tackle leader in the '89 season with 121 total tackles, which broke his single-season record. With 12 quarterback sacks, he also ranks 15th in all-time Georgia career sacks.

After Goldberg left the University of Georgia, he was with the Los Angeles Rams in 1990 and spent time in the World League of American Football before signing on with the Atlanta Falcons in 1991. Goldberg was forced to retire from football in 1995 after suffering a season ending injury in 1994.

After his retirement from football, Goldberg entered professional wrestling. He currently holds the record of having the longest undefeated stretch in sports-entertainment history with 173 consecutive victories.

The induction ceremony will be held at The Suffolk Y JCC, 74 Hauppauge Road, Commack, N.Y. on Sunday, April 18, 2010, starting at 10:30 a.m. and is open to the public. Among the 2010 inductees are Virginia Tech Men's Basketball coach Seth Greenberg, Olympic Swimmer Jason Lezak and former pro football player Alan Veingrad.

MudDucker

Staff member
Dang good DAWG!

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
After his retirement from football, Goldberg entered professional wrestling. He currently holds the record of having the longest undefeated stretch in sports-entertainment history with 173 consecutive victories.

I'm sorry, but i don't look at that as being any sort of legitimate sports record. :crazy:
If he's being inducted for his accomplishments at UGA and short pro football career, more power to him and congrats.

brownceluse

I'm sorry, but i don't look at that as being any sort of legitimate sports record. :crazy:
If he's being inducted for his accomplishments at UGA and short pro football career, more power to him and congrats.

Come on rh you know wrestling is a sport:bounce: