Good hatch

buckpasser

I’m hearing good things from the folks in my area. The farm had a great hatch but really poor recruitment this year. I’m thinking the later, heavier, cooler rains killed a pile of them. I’m glad you’re seeing them @kmckinnie

I’m sure it was the delayed hunting that did it…haha.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Got video of one with 5 or 6 and one with 1 left it looks like it was hatched a couple weeks earlier than the others.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
First time in many years I haven’t seen the first one . You got any pictures to share, I sure like to see them
Just riding around my area. Seem my area has quite a few. 3 to 4 hens must have 20 it looked like. Down the road at a friends they beside the road in the grass. Many poults. All the poults are bigger than chickens. Then I just see every day different spots where hens are with poults.
Sorry I have no pics. Only one camera out on a hog trap only deer. Go in. I ain’t even got one bag of corn yet. BkW has.
But to say I’ve seen 40 to 50 would not be a bad guess compared to 10 or 15 years past. They ain’t the same ones except where I see the same ones. Go down the road then another group then another group.
It’s not like it was around 20 years ago but it’s looking up. Back then u could ride around and when they where out see 100 poults in a day.
Anyway I shall stop the truck and try phone pics.

2dye4

Been trapping for 4 years on my piece of property and still have low numbers. Have seen 1 hen with 2 poults and now haven’t seen her with them in a couple of weeks.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just riding around my area. Seem my area has quite a few. 3 to 4 hens must have 20 it looked like. Down the road at a friends they beside the road in the grass. Many poults. All the poults are bigger than chickens. Then I just see every day different spots where hens are with poults.
Sorry I have no pics. Only one camera out on a hog trap only deer. Go in. I ain’t even got one bag of corn yet. BkW has.
But to say I’ve seen 40 to 50 would not be a bad guess compared to 10 or 15 years past. They ain’t the same ones except where I see the same ones. Go down the road then another group then another group.
It’s not like it was around 20 years ago but it’s looking up. Back then u could ride around and when they where out see 100 poults in a day.
Anyway I shall stop the truck and try phone pics.
That’s good news ! You haven’t got to do all that , just thought maybe u had some trail cam pics .
I’m not sure why I haven’t seen any , the weather seemed perfect in my area at the right time .

Dupree

That’s good news ! You haven’t got to do all that , just thought maybe u had some trail cam pics .
I’m not sure why I haven’t seen any , the weather seemed perfect in my area at the right time .
I’ve only personally seen poults 1 time and that was yesterday morning. Had a few pics of some weeks ago. Still getting solo hens on cam and seeing solo hens from the road.

cowhornedspike

1 hen with 1 poult this year. Way worse than past years. Weather got them shortly after hatch I believe.
Trapped a good number of coons and possums and the nest made it till hatch at least.

Buckman18

Very few poults seen in Union/Towns Counties in Ga, and Clay/Cherokee NC.

Latest posts