Good Running this eve :)

Jkidd

Well loaded up the hounds and went running this eve. Ran 2 rabbits for a total of 3 hrs all together. Not to shabby in my opinion for it to of been sunny and hot till about 30 mins before dark. Aint nuttn like hearn the sound of dogs chasing a rabbit. Music to my ears lol

Jason

Rabbit Runner

dogs

with the cool mornings we have had the last few days, it's sure hard to go to work and leave 7 beagles crying in there pens. :bounce: :flag:

GeauxLSU

Jkidd said:
Aint nuttn like hearn the sound of dogs chasing a rabbit. Music to my ears lol
Now THAT is the TRUTH! :clap: Man I miss it....
I bet your boys are sleeping well tonight... ;)
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Beagler

The Weathers getten rite.. And the Hounds are ready to go.. got to getem in shape before season starts :whip:

CAL

Great post!Years ago when we had plenty of land to hunt a good deer race was really something.If you listen to your dogs enough they can and do tell you what is going on in the woods.The pack might be a mile in the woods but they continue to tell a story.Only true dog hunters understand what I am saying.Each dog has a bark for whatever is happening.Those were great days of hunting that are no more.It is hard to believe that our group had 25 square miles to hunt all to ourselves.

We that farmed started in the spring adjusting our schedule so we would be through with gathering when deer season came in in the fall.We hunted everyday of the season too.A close knit group that shared their fun as well as their problems.

I know from previous post that there are some here who doesn't care for dog hunters or dog hunting.I don't recall anyone that ever went with us that didn't have a good time and wanted to go again.

Jkidd

CAL said:
I know from previous post that there are some here who doesn't care for dog hunters or dog hunting.I don't recall anyone that ever went with us that didn't have a good time and wanted to go again.

I will have to agree. Most folks that dont like dog hunting has never done it and have had bad experiences with problem dog hunters. Ive got an open invite to anyone that wants to go with me and see how it should be done. Dogs that handle and a houndsman that keeps an eye on them.

Ill almost put $100.00s on it that anyone that goes on a rabbit hunt with me and watches and understands just exactly whats going on will want to do it again if not go out and buy dogs for themselves..

Jason

Jkidd

Another good eve of hearing the dogs roar :) My patch hound is really starting to come around. Anyone else running right now?? If so hows the rabbit population where you are? We have alot of 1/2 grown rabbits on my club and a few here at the house. Its good to see the 7 yr cycle going on the up side :)

Jason

GeauxLSU

Memories

From a time long long ago and a land far far away.
Me and Blackie and my first rabbit. ;)
There is no nicer song than a pack of beagles. :clap:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Attachments

• FirstWabbit.JPG
    FirstWabbit.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 122

Jkidd

Your right about the sounds Phil...

Nice big bunny in that pic. We have a few of them that size running around our plae :) Looks like Blackie wanted more of him lol..

Since your from Gwinnett your not real far from my running grounds in Rome. If youd like to hook up after deer season and listen to a pack of biscuit eating culls let me know.

Jason

GeauxLSU

Jkidd said:
Your right about the sounds Phil...

Nice big bunny in that pic. We have a few of them that size running around our plae :) Looks like Blackie wanted more of him lol..

Since your from Gwinnett your not real far from my running grounds in Rome. If youd like to hook up after deer season and listen to a pack of biscuit eating culls let me know.

Jason
Jkidd,
Funny thing about blackie, he would RETRIEVE a downed rabbit! He was 'officially' my dog. We normally had around 5 but rarely ran them all at once. Man the memories...
I just may take you up on that offer. Thanks! Now if I could just track down that old single shot .410.... :D
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Jkidd

I dont have any retrivers lol they are eaters hehe. I was running with a buddie of mine earlier this year and the dogs caught a rabbit and she said Hammer want eat no rabbit... about 5 mins later he walked up and puked up a bunch of the rabbits guts.. She just said well you just made a liar out of me... :whip: We still laugh about that. I was sitting in the stand this morning waitn for mossy horns to come out in the food plot and all I seen was a rabbit.. I said to myself he better be glad I dont have the dogs with me hehehe.. was nice to see him sitting and eating the clover.

Jason

GeauxLSU

Just came back from deer hunting as well and rabbits all over (INSTEAD of deer :rolleyes: ). May have to hook up after deer season...
I'd love to hear 'em sing!
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil