Got a good one last night! BBD

Kris87

I will say a little luck happened on this one. I had dinner plans last night, but the other folks cancelled, so I was able to beg my way into a hunt. I'd pulled a card earlier yesterday morning to find this buck had been at this white oak 2 of the last 3 afternoons. I have lots of pics of him over the summer, but not much since season opened. I told my wife if I could hunt this set 2 afternoons in a row, I'd kill him....and well, you can see what happened. :D

The hunt was frickin' unbelievable. It was 93deg when I got in the tree. I passed a dozen or so does and smaller bucks not wanting to mess up the spot in case he showed. I need one more doe for the bow challenge and gave up some absolute gimmes. After what seemed like all the deer on this farm came and got them a nibble, it got very quiet and this ole boy pops out on the death fence at about 7:30. Surprisingly I wasn't that nervous, probably because I'd already played out where he'd come from, and how it would go down. He worked his way to 30 yards, and I contemplated letting him come closer because I knew he would given where I shot him, but I took the first opportunity he gave me and absolutely 12 ringed him. The Ramcat 125gr blew a coke bottle size hold through the bottom of his lungs and top of the heart. He went about 40 yards and I heard him go down. I followed the blood trail just to see it, but wasn't needed. I've shot a lot of deer with these Ramcat 125's and they're simply awesome. The KY buck I shot through the heart last year went about the same distance.

Needless to say, I was pumped. I love it when a plan comes together, and it ends this way. The bad part is hunting by yourself and having to get this monster over a 4 foot fence by yourself. Plus night pics stink. But I'm still smiling.....Now onto the next one!

I was pinned down by deer all afternoon. They didn't seem to notice me up there in my short sleeves either. :D It does make for tough hunting when that many deer are near you for hours.

BornToHuntAndFish

Good story. Sounds like a wonderful whitetail neighborhood. Congrats on your fine beast success. Thanks for posting.

Ihunt

Congrats Kris. If your wife plays it smart, you will be in her debt for a while.

alligood729

I will say a little luck happened on this one. I had dinner plans last night, but the other folks cancelled, so I was able to beg my way into a hunt. I'd pulled a card earlier yesterday morning to find this buck had been at this white oak 2 of the last 3 afternoons. I have lots of pics of him over the summer, but not much since season opened. I told my wife if I could hunt this set 2 afternoons in a row, I'd kill him....and well, you can see what happened. :D

The hunt was frickin' unbelievable. It was 93deg when I got in the tree. I passed a dozen or so does and smaller bucks not wanting to mess up the spot in case he showed. I need one more doe for the bow challenge and gave up some absolute gimmes. After what seemed like all the deer on this farm came and got them a nibble, it got very quiet and this ole boy pops out on the death fence at about 7:30. Surprisingly I wasn't that nervous, probably because I'd already played out where he'd come from, and how it would go down. He worked his way to 30 yards, and I contemplated letting him come closer because I knew he would given where I shot him, but I took the first opportunity he gave me and absolutely 12 ringed him. The Ramcat 125gr blew a coke bottle size hold through the bottom of his lungs and top of the heart. He went about 40 yards and I heard him go down. I followed the blood trail just to see it, but wasn't needed. I've shot a lot of deer with these Ramcat 125's and they're simply awesome. The KY buck I shot through the heart last year went about the same distance.

Needless to say, I was pumped. I love it when a plan comes together, and it ends this way. The bad part is hunting by yourself and having to get this monster over a 4 foot fence by yourself. Plus night pics stink. But I'm still smiling.....Now onto the next one!

I was pinned down by deer all afternoon. They didn't seem to notice me up there in my short sleeves either. :D It does make for tough hunting when that many deer are near you for hours.

That place looks familiar......Nice buck! You put the time in for him that's for sure!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Great story, great hunt, blah,blah,blah ::ke: Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. :whip: All jokes aside, thats a great buck! Congrats

SGaither

Congrats Kris but inquiring minds want know, how'd you get big boy over the fence? A video showing how it happened would be preferred. Thanks.

BowanaLee

You better do your boss some extra honey do's and buy the other folks a free dinner. You owe them !

Pilgrim

Congrats!! Beautiful deer!!