Got my first Cat.....

dfurdennis

Well the weather has not been great the last two weeks, but with the last week of the season it looks like it may be fairly decent. After starting out real good after deer season with 3 yotes and a fox it's been nothing but possums and raccoons and a few misses, it being my first trapping season I'm sure my inexperience has something to do with it but this morning rolled up on this nice cat on my second set. So hopefully the rest of the week will turn out like the first part of it. Good luck people.

Attachments

• 635778394_64336244377175.jpg
    635778394_64336244377175.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 113

280 Man

Banned
Well the weather has not been great the last two weeks, but with the last week of the season it looks like it may be fairly decent. After starting out real good after deer season with 3 yotes and a fox it's been nothing but possums and raccoons and a few misses, it being my first trapping season I'm sure my inexperience has something to do with it but this morning rolled up on this nice cat on my second set. So hopefully the rest of the week will turn out like the first part of it. Good luck people.

Congrats. Whatcha catch him on? I'm headed to reset my traps after I get home today. Been sooo wet here. Got a few days of dry weather coming.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice catch and congrats on a great season so far , but you know you can trap coyotes year round !

dfurdennis

Nice catch and congrats on a great season so far , but you know you can trap coyotes year round !
Yeah....but I love turkey hunting more than thee trapping....besides I keep coming home at dark everyday my wife is gonna divorce me...she's understanding and supportive but gotta have the husband wife time too ....hunting season into trapping...small break....turkey season....if I see a large increase on trail cam I may trap a little during the late spring just after turkey season.

mossyoakpro

Cats on drags are the best...if you need to test the old ticker country style I suggest this method. It's quite exhilarating. LOL

Good job by the way on the cat!! A few turkeys were saved with that catch...

dfurdennis

Cats on drags are the best...if you need to test the old ticker country style I suggest this method. It's quite exhilarating. LOL

Good job by the way on the cat!! A few turkeys were saved with that catch...
Thanks it has been pretty dang exciting for a first season, now next year we just have to raise the bar a little