Ground hog ?

longrangedog

Was watching one on the ground under my tree stand many years ago when it heard a sound that scared him. Up a nearby tree he went at a speed that would make a fast squirrel jealous.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Was watching one on the ground under my tree stand many years ago when it heard a sound that scared him. Up a nearby tree he went at a speed that would make a fast squirrel jealous.
Yep, most people don't realize that they are really good at climbing trees. They are just a giant squirrel, after all.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
They are laying all over the roads here.
The one that was ran over in front of my parents house last year evaporated from the road right after it was ran over. I figured someone picked it up trying to figure out what it was

Ugahunter2013

Back in 2007 i spent the summer in Virginia. I had never seen a ground hog before. They were absolutely everywhere up there. One morning i was getting in my truck. There was a cherry tree beside my truck with a small white fence running under it. I turned to close my door as i sat in my truck and a ground hog fell out of the top of the cherry tree and landed on the top board of the fence. It was wild.