Gun/Bow Lovers.... Check this out!!

krizia829

I was looking at accessories for my Traditions muzzleloader and came across this! What do you guys think?? I think it's pretty neat! The information from the website is below!

CRX6-2200717_CrackshotXBR_Kryptek_Highlander_Reduced_Profile.jpg

Traditions™ has created the ultimate package – a Crackshot™ .22 caliber single shot rifle that comes with the XBR™ Upper which can be swapped onto the rifle and allows you to fire arrows. Yes, we said arrows!

The patented Crackshot™ XBR™ package comes with the Crackshot™ single shot rifle in .22 cal with a 16.5” barrel. This gun is lightweight, easy to carry, and perfect for small game hunting. Additionally, you get the XBR upper that you can swap onto your Crackshot™ rifle. With a 20” barrel, the XBR allows you to shoot an arrow out of your Crackshot™ rifle and changes your platform into a whole new gun! The XBR has an inner barrel that allows you to slide the hollow end of a Traditions™ Firebolt™ Arrow over this inner barrel until it reaches the end of the barrel. The inner barrel is protected by an outer shroud which also protects the shooter. Keeping the gun pointed down range, simply load your arrow, break open the action, and put in a Traditions™ XBR™ Powerload. Continue by closing the gun up, taking the safety off, cocking the hammer, and then firing at your target.

The Crackshot™ XBR™ fires a Traditions™ 2216 Firebolt™ Arrow that is a standard 16” Aluminum arrow. This arrow can travel up to 385 FPS and is paired with a Traditions™ XBR™ Powerload in .27 Caliber Long. The Crackshot™ XBR™ has an effective kill range out to 70 yards, low recoil, and is low decibel.

Two guns for the price of one! This package comes with the Crackshot™ .22 caliber rifle, the XBR™ upper in .27 cal long in Kryptek Highlander Reduced Camo with a 4x32 scope mounted, and (3) Traditions™ Firebolt™ Arrows with 100 grain field tips. This package does not come with a QD Quiver or Traditions™ XBR™ Powerloads.

To order contact your local dealer or favorite online retailer. You can also check out our dealer locator for information on dealers near you!

MSRP $499

Item #: CRX6-2200717

buckpasser

I had an old contractor tell me that he had hunted for many years during archery season in FL by shoving a non-fletcher arrow down his .410. He said he would empty the shot out of a bird load and seat the arrow right down onto the exposed wad. I laughed when he said it. He most certainly was not joking and was somewhat offended by my reaction. He was a deer killing fool too, so I wouldn’t bet against it actually working.

Rabun

I'm not sure that one will be a real seller...but interesting. Would be curious to see how it performed. From what i read, they are targeting (no pun intended) those with physical disabilities unable to cock a crossbow. I admire their desire to help out in that respect!

And then I watched a video on this...it's actually a very cool design. Curious if it would be legal in Ga archery season...may take some time for regs to catch up with this one but seemed to perform very well.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I'm not sure that one will be a real seller...but interesting. Would be curious to see how it performed. From what i read, they are targeting (no pun intended) those with physical disabilities unable to cock a crossbow. I admire their desire to help out in that respect!

And then I watched a video on this...it's actually a very cool design. Curious if it would be legal in Ga archery season...may take some time for regs to catch up with this one but seemed to perform very well.

I agree but it’s a muzzleloader not legal during bow season and sold as a firearm since with .22 barrel.

treadwell

What next trail cams that shoot the deer for us? Feeders that lasso the deer and hold them till we show up? Good grief folks.

Major Wader

Hopefully it's not legal for archery.

Why not?

This could be a huge help for old, handicapped, or any hunters that can't use a regular bow. With a range of only 70 yards, I just don't see why it would give anyone, even in prime condition, an unfair advantage in archery season. It's slower than a lot of crossbows.

Kris87

Why not?

This could be a huge help for old, handicapped, or any hunters that can't use a regular bow. With a range of only 70 yards, I just don't see why it would give anyone, even in prime condition, an unfair advantage in archery season. It's slower than a lot of crossbows.

In my definition, a bow uses a string to propel an arrow. There is no string being used in this case.

Plenty of crossbows that have crank systems now, so one can't logically use that as an excuse for old, handicapped hunters not being afforded opportunity.

krizia829

I agree! I think it's awesome that they're making new ways for disabled people and anyone with any physical disability to still go out there and enjoy what they love to do in a way that's comfortable for them!

ucfireman

If an air bow is legal for archery season then this should be too. Both use air as the propellant. I don't know if it is though, as I haven't read the regs on them.
That said I do agree archery should be propelled by a string only.

marshallknight

I really thought this was a joke until I went to their website, pretty neat gun...but they also make miniature cannons. Miniature cannons -I think my wife is about to give me the "why on earth would you buy that speech" - again.

Major Wader

It propels an arrow, and has limited range. Would you have a similar opposition to someone hunting with a spear or atlatl?

While I don't want one, I see no reason why it shouldn't be used during archery season. It's no more effective or advanced than a compound bow, which is light years ahead of longbow with flint or steel points on wood shafts.

No personal dig at anyone, but in the last few years, I have seen a ton of people arguing that their personal choice of hunting is as far as ethics or sportsmanship will allow.

That viewpoint has been greatly expressed here and other places regarding inline vs. percussion vs. flintlocks on blackpowder rifles, treestands vs stalk hunting, feeders vs. foodplots vs. oak trees, and any number of other things.

I personally think any advancement that allows more folks to PROFICIENTLY and humanely take game animals is OK. This particular arrow slinger doesn't have the range of many compound bows or crossbows, and there is no logical reason to exclude it.

Kris87

I have no problem at all with anyone hunting with it, but it's simply not archery equipment. It may use an arrow, but there's no string involved to propel it, and by definition, that isn't archery. I try and stick to rules and laws, not personal bias.

Rabun

I personally think any advancement that allows more folks to PROFICIENTLY and humanely take game animals is OK. This particular arrow slinger doesn't have the range of many compound bows or crossbows, and there is no logical reason to exclude it.

Given they have pretty much legalized most all weapons for deer, I see no issue with this one. I would probably limit it's use during archery deer/bear hunts to those with disabilities only. But make it legal for small game any time and legal for deer/bear to anyone outside of deer/bear archery season. Back when My Dad was alive, he could have used this weapon...he never could operate a crossbow and just couldn't safely operate a rifle. He had paralysis on his right side and was pretty fragile, but could have operated this so I'm a little biased in favor of our disabled folks.

Stroker

I really thought this was a joke until I went to their website, pretty neat gun...but they also make miniature cannons. Miniature cannons -I think my wife is about to give me the "why on earth would you buy that speech" - again.

All in for a mini cannon.