Gun Prices

Stainlessman

My nephew stopped by this afternoon and said he had bid on a remington 7600 pump on gun broker that was like $1800. dollars. I was shocked as I have a 7600 carbine in 30/06 that I bought new in 1982 as they hadn't been making them then in '82 they started again. Im sure a gun nut here will set me straight if I have my facts wrong. I think I paid like $320. for it. Lugged it in the woods maybe five times and shot it less then a box of shells as it kill's on both ends. I always figured alot of my guns were money in the bank and after I retire if I ever needed extra dough I'd sell the ones I didn't use anylonger.
But shocked to see the prices now.

Tight Lines

I killed my first deer with a 760 .270 that I still have...made in the early 60s. I can't speak to that weapon he bid on but that sounds outrageous unless it is some special unfired model. The 760 was a good weapon, but nothing special. The 7600 was just a continuation of that and unless it is a Patrol in unfired condition, I can't imagine that price...I don't think they are really collectible...but could be wrong.

bullgator

I wouldn’t buy a 760, 7600, 740, 742, or 7400 for $200. If I had any of those models I’d sell everyone for $600 each if I could.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
My 14 year old boy just threw his to the ground when he sent me this text this year.. :bounce:
2DE72A0C-25E9-45C1-A261-B4B22206CDDB.png

bullgator

Why when you can sell them for 1000$? Lololol
I’ve just had too many bad experiences. I owned one and friends have had many. If you find one that reliably functions, great, it’s a keeper. Nobody I know that had them, still does. Now a BAR?……..…

Gator89

I killed several deer with an old 740 .308 and never had a problem with it. But I acquired a Ruger M77 .270 in 1994 and the 740 has sat in the safe since.

Last edited:
I’ve just had too many bad experiences. I owned one and friends have had many. If you find one that reliably functions, great, it’s a keeper. Nobody I know that had them, still does. Now a BAR?……..…

Are you referring to the auto loaders or the pump actions? Cause I know over 20 people that hunt with a gamemaster 760 and none of us have ever had a problem.

Now, the 742’s are another story……I wouldn’t own one.

bullgator

Are you referring to the auto loaders or the pump actions? Cause I know over 20 people that hunt with a gamemaster 760 and none of us have ever had a problem.

Now, the 742’s are another story……I wouldn’t own one.
That’s true. I was referring to the 74x auto series. The little I’ve heard from the pumps is that they recoil more than you’d expect.

I have a 7400 in 270 that I’ve killed lots of deer with since 1987. Never have had a minutes trouble out of it. It’s a keeper.

Tight Lines

That’s true. I was referring to the 74x auto series. The little I’ve heard from the pumps is that they recoil more than you’d expect.
My 760 .270 recoils like any other non-auto weapon in .270 that weighs the same...it's just physics. I have no idea how many deer and elk it has killed...I am the third generation to use it and my son will use it next year just for fun...so he is the fourth...