Had To Do It Again........

ryork

Other than good fried chicken, to me chicken can trend towards the boring side. However, that roasted chicken I made a couple of nights ago hit a nerve to the point I had to do it again!! Stuffed with Andouille, trinity, a ton of garlic, parsley, thyme, four or five day old sourdough bread, creole seasoning and touch of w'shire sauce. Not smoked, not grilled, and definitely not low and slow..... about 400-425 roasted for 45-50 minutes with a lot of pecan wood chips added for smoke on the Akorn. Juicy as heck, flavorful, tender, smoky goodness!!!!! Just made some mashed garlic taters to go with it (a mix of Irish and purple). Next time going to make some Andouille gravy or something of that nature to drown the entire thing in but just didn't have the time tonight. Not sure how much it has to do with it, but this brand name bird is "Golden Rod"........ never heard of it or seen it before until the one I picked up a few days ago at the local Piggly Wiggly. Good goobly moobly!!! I ate half a bird, luckily my son ate out with his girlfriend and my daughter has decided she's more a less a vegetarian.... so that much more for me!

Nasty weather today...... 32 degrees and pouring rain this morning. Tree tops had ice in them on the hilltops for a while early this morning out here near the AL line. That's the newest addition to our household, Princess Leia begging for some leftovers.....

1-23 (7).jpg1-23 (8).jpg1-23 (9).jpg1-23 (10).jpg1-23 (12).jpg1-23 (11).jpg1-23 (13).jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good gracious that looks good! :clap:

I love chickens roasted whole. They just taste better than they do when you cook the individual parts. I like to eat the white meat for supper that night and pull the dark meat off the bone for Tex-Mex later in the week.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Other than good fried chicken, to me chicken can trend towards the boring side. However, that roasted chicken I made a couple of nights ago hit a nerve to the point I had to do it again!! Stuffed with Andouille, trinity, a ton of garlic, parsley, thyme, four or five day old sourdough bread, creole seasoning and touch of w'shire sauce. Not smoked, not grilled, and definitely not low and slow..... about 400-425 roasted for 45-50 minutes with a lot of pecan wood chips added for smoke on the Akorn. Juicy as heck, flavorful, tender, smoky goodness!!!!! Just made some mashed garlic taters to go with it (a mix of Irish and purple). Next time going to make some Andouille gravy or something of that nature to drown the entire thing in but just didn't have the time tonight. Not sure how much it has to do with it, but this brand name bird is "Golden Rod"........ never heard of it or seen it before until the one I picked up a few days ago at the local Piggly Wiggly. Good goobly moobly!!! I ate half a bird, luckily my son ate out with his girlfriend and my daughter has decided she's more a less a vegetarian.... so that much more for me!

Nasty weather today...... 32 degrees and pouring rain this morning. Tree tops had ice in them on the hilltops for a while early this morning out here near the AL line. That's the newest addition to our household, Princess Leia begging for some leftovers.....

View attachment 999990View attachment 999991View attachment 999992View attachment 999993View attachment 999994View attachment 999995View attachment 999996

Looks outstanding!!! Yer little pooch looks interested!! ☺

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Righteosity!