Heading to North Georgia in October

SRQRusty

Hey guys, another Newb question. Can you please give me a top 5 list of flies that I must have???
Definitely looking forward to getting back up from Florida.
I'll be getting one day in with a guide. The rest of the time will be with a good friend just hitting a few common spots on the Taccoa and chasing some Brookies in the higher elevation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Can't help you with that. Welcome to The Campfire! And good luck.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Hey guys, another Newb question. Can you please give me a top 5 list of flies that I must have???
I'll be getting one day in with a guide. The rest of the time will be with a good friend just hitting a few common spots on the Taccoa and chasing some Brookies in the higher elevation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Use the search function in the fly fishing forum. There’s been several threads on this.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This will help a bit I think.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Remember that in October it could be skinny water or discolored from runoff so keep that in mind. Flyfishing or spinning/baitcaster?

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
#12 orange stimulator
#12 Tellico nymph
#14 yellow sally (dry)
#12 Cabes hopper

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
In October, tie on a #12 or #14 Orange Palmer if you're on a smaller stream.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I might have some greenie weenie flies too.