Healthy Eats...Down 32 Lbs...

Tight Lines

IMG_3819.JPG

So looking at our family pics from vacation in July, I decided it was time to get my tail back in shape and start eating right. So first week of August I went back to eating mostly protein and veggies and cut out sugar, most carbs, and a lot of alcohol. I've still cheated, and between Thankgiving and Christmas I was off the rails, but now I am back on it and back on eating healthy...I'm down 32 lbs. since the first week of August (I was there at Thanksgiving), and I plan to be down another 30 lbs. by the first week of April for the kid's Spring Break.

This is wild sockeye salmon, blackened shrimp, broccoli, green beans, and riced veggies...super tasty, super healthy, and nothing processed...and it is super easy...took minutes to make...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
View attachment 1130143

So looking at our family pics from vacation in July, I decided it was time to get my tail back in shape and start eating right. So first week of August I went back to eating mostly protein and veggies and cut out sugar, most carbs, and a lot of alcohol. I've still cheated, and between Thankgiving and Christmas I was off the rails, but now I am back on it and back on eating healthy...I'm down 32 lbs. since the first week of August (I was there at Thanksgiving), and I plan to be down another 30 lbs. by the first week of April for the kid's Spring Break.

This is wild sockeye salmon, blackened shrimp, broccoli, green beans, and riced veggies...super tasty, super healthy, and nothing processed...and it is super easy...took minutes to make...

Keep the hammer down brother.

turkeykirk

Congratulations. Keep it up! I need to do the same.:biggrin3:

Tight Lines

It is pretty simple...I am just eating protein and veggies, and eating 6 meals per day...5 small ones, and one large protein and greens meal...

I still cheat and eat a sausage and egg biscuit, or fried chicken, and have a bourbon or two...or a martini...

But I've cut out mostly processed foods, sugars, and carbs and I am not exercising other than my outdoor and yard work adventures...between Thanksgiving and Christmas I pretty much ate whatever I wanted...I didn't lose but I didn't gain...

As a traveling consultant, who gets to fly first class and stay in nice hotels with clubs, there is ALWAYS food around...most of it processed...I've pretty much just quit all that crap and been cooking more at the house...

I've been eating a lot of venison, elk, and fish too...but I'm starting to run low on the elk and fish...just restocked the venison...

pjciii

Good for you. That looks great but dropping weight will help avoid diabetes, heart disease and other conditions because we are overweight. Keep it up. Great progress.

longbowdave1

View attachment 1130143

Good for you! Keep up the good work . It will pay dividends for you in the long haul. ?

Tight Lines

Good for you. That looks great but dropping weight will help avoid diabetes, heart disease and other conditions because we are overweight. Keep it up. Great progress.
It was getting ridiculous, really. Working from home with access to the pantry and eating lots of take out is horrible...back to eating healthy and cooking more and more...

Tight Lines

I changed my ways 4 years ago, and so glad thst I did.
Yeah it was getting ridiculous...my brother and I looked like two beached whales out in Yellowstone and I said this is it. I'm getting back in shape...down 32, want to be down 99 at the end...I will keep you guys posted and report progress...it's good having someone to keep you honest...

Last edited:

bany

Except the green beans that all looks great! Isn’t it something the processed stuff we've become accustomed to? Most of it probably means an early and unsavory death.
Im trying to do away it and sugar and most carbs. I’m down about 16# and already feel it. Backing off caffeine too, Trying to defeat heartburn. Its a slow deal but steady.

Here’s lunch and dinner. Fresh shrimp, canned soup, farm raised roast but it has powdered ranch and aujus in it.?

Attachments

• 3853C619-E985-459F-8855-FD1232C7ACA4.jpeg
    3853C619-E985-459F-8855-FD1232C7ACA4.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 8

Tight Lines

Except the green beans that all looks great! Isn’t it something the processed stuff we've become accustomed to? Most of it probably means an early and unsavory death.
Im trying to do away it and sugar and most carbs. I’m down about 16# and already feel it. Backing off caffeine too, Trying to defeat heartburn. Its a slow deal but steady.

Here’s lunch and dinner. Fresh shrimp, canned soup, farm raised roast but it has powdered ranch and aujus in it.?
Looks good! Yeah I read a book call Salt Sugar Fat and it is an eye opener the amount of processed food we consume. Even in things like whole wheat bread or what you think is healthy like granola or trail mix...I'm basically following Jack LaLanne and "if God made, eat all you want, if man made it, stay away!"

Fried, white flour, carbs, saturated fats, salt, sugar...avoid that and you are in good shape...

And I am not even doing it religiously, just enough so that I am losing weight and feel better...less inflammation, better sleep, etc.

The other thing I am doing is drinking 100-150 oz. a day of water. I gotta pee A LOT but I am staying hydrated and cleaned out...

transfixer

I've been doing the same for quite a while now, I've been avoiding rice (even though I love it ) because its a starchy food, but I may start working it back into my routine on a limited basis, its been a lot easier for me to leave things with added sugar out of my diet than I thought it would, I used to have some kind of sweet pastry every morning with my coffee, haven't had any of that stuff in almost 2yrs now, when you get to your goal you'll feel 100% better than you did before ,, I've kidded with my stepson and daughter that I was going to see if it was possible for a 60yr old man to have six pack abs ,,, lol ,, probably never make it to that level, but I've pretty much got a flat gut now instead of one of those dunlop ones :)

Congrats on your success !

longbowdave1

I've been doing the same for quite a while now, I've been avoiding rice (even though I love it ) because its a starchy food, but I may start working it back into my routine on a limited basis, its been a lot easier for me to leave things with added sugar out of my diet than I thought it would, I used to have some kind of sweet pastry every morning with my coffee, haven't had any of that stuff in almost 2yrs now, when you get to your goal you'll feel 100% better than you did before ,, I've kidded with my stepson and daughter that I was going to see if it was possible for a 60yr old man to have six pack abs ,,, lol ,, probably never make it to that level, but I've pretty much got a flat gut now instead of one of those dunlop ones :)

Congrats to you as well!

Tight Lines

Good for you! I may try for a 6-pack next year...this year is getting down to goal...