Henry single shot

Jimmypop

I finally got my rifle back 2 days ago. They had a recall on it last fall and was gone the whole hunting season. It feels like a completely different gun now . I mounted a scope yesterday and am anxious to try it. While waiting I bought a CVA in 6.5 for a replacement and killed 2 deer with it. I think I will keep them both .

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_113455425.jpg
    IMG_20210122_113455425.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 42

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I finally got my rifle back 2 days ago. They had a recall on it last fall and was gone the whole hunting season. It feels like a completely different gun now . I mounted a scope yesterday and am anxious to try it. While waiting I bought a CVA in 6.5 for a replacement and killed 2 deer with it. I think I will keep them both .
Love them Henry single shots. What do you think of that CVA? Is the build quality good on it?

Jimmypop

The trigger is still better on the CVA. I like it a lot. It seems to be very accurate for my purpose which is to be able to hit a shoulder blade at 200 yds. The Henry is a 308. I haven't shot it since the rework.

Bobby Bigtime

We have one in .223 it is a wonderful and beautiful little rifle. Wife loves it for antelope. Would like to acquire other calibers. I saw a guy and his boy at the range last summer with a pair of the CVA single shots. I was impressed with the accuracy of those rifles, now I want one of those too.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I opted not to send mine in for the recall but I love mine in 45-70. I put a red dot on it but now I'm thinking of switching to 2-7x32 scope instead. I got mine last year for 200 bucks brand new and now they are leaning in the 500 to 900 range! Best single shots out there....shotguns too.

Darkhorse

Tell us more about the CVA. If I'm not mistaken that rifle weighs 5.9 pounds? One of those in 6.5 Creedmore interests me a lot.

oppthepop

Henry rifles are a class act in my opinion. I have a 45/70 lever action and a little 22 magnum lever action and they are both dear to my heart.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
I just bought a Henry lever action on close out at Academy. .22 cal. $299. Same gun was $400 in Georgia. I got this one in opaloki.