Here's More Proof That NIL and the Transfer Portal Are Getting Way Out of Hand

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
So you're saying the beautiful, tight bodied gymnasts will matter to the collective and the big nosed, big legged, basketball Power fowards are gonna get left out for NIL money? o_O
Basketball will go semi-pro as well. Those are the only two sports generating money for the schools. Baseball and all the "Olympic" sports are revenue lovers.

No school is trying to lure those athletes with NIL money. If they happen to be able to strike some kind d of bargin, good for them, but no one is paying them to come.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Here's a thought. How about the schools that have good programs, who can show up and compete every few years, but are based in poor states or just don't get the big money like the big name schools? West Virginia comes to mind. Historically a good program, has been within a gnats hair of putting it all together a few times. No shot anymore in this landscape.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
It already is. Everybody is just starting to admit it now.
I mean as it's own, separate league that are no longer "college" teams. They will no longer be students, or even be enrolled, and have to worry about "passing" classes.

They will be private teams who's only affiliation with the school is the name and facilities they lease, and that will no longer play any team outside their league, anymore than the NFL, XFL, USFL and Arena leagues play each other or college teams.

bullgator

I mean as it's own, separate league that are no longer "college" teams. They will no longer be students, or even be enrolled, and have to worry about "passing" classes.

They will be private teams who's only affiliation with the school is the name and facilities they lease, and that will no longer play any team outside their league, anymore than the NFL, XFL, USFL and Arena leagues play each other or college teams.
Oh boy,……I can’t wait to root for that! (Yes, sarcasm).

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Like I said, it already is. All that's missing is the legal mumbo jumbo. The legal mumbo jumboer's are working on that as we speak.