HeyMan’s Asian Cabbage Salad

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
The wife brought home a bunch of slaw packs so I tried my hand at something new for me. I love ramen noodle salad so I went hunting a recipe. After looking at quite a few I decided to combine 3 of them with the things that I liked. Must have hit it right, my boy's love it & my boss said it was the best thing he has ever had for a salad & begged me to put the recipe together for him. I figured I share it here with my cooking gang.:cheers:

1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/8 cup cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
3/8 cup canola or peanut oil
1 16oz package of shredded 3 color cabbage (green, red & carrot)
1 bunch green onion completely chopped
1 cup chopped 3 color sweet peppers
1/3 cup sesame seed
1/2 cup almond slices
1 cup salted sunflower seeds
2 package ramen noodles & seasoning ( I prefer beef however any flavor will work)
1/2 tablespoon oil or bacon grease (for toasting)

Directions:

Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, seasoning packets, vinegar, sugar and oil in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat stirring until sugar dissolves.

Remove from heat and cool completely. (Can be made a day in advance,) Refrigerate until ready to use.

Break up Ramen noodles finely. (Can be done by pounding while still in the packaging)

Toast on lightly oiled skillet noodles, almonds, sunflower seeds and (add sesame seeds at the half way point) in oil until they brown.

Stir often, they can burn easily if too high heat and not stirred or tossed.

Remove noodle mix from heat and let cool.

Combine cabbage, peppers, onions and noodle mixture. ***Note, I like my noodle mix crunchy with the salad so I will add half the noodle mix in the salad when mixing & save the other half as a crunchy topping per serving.

Toss with the dressing and refrigerate about 20 minutes before serving.

Sorry but the flavor was better than the pic.:biggrin2:

Attachments

• Ramin slaw1sm.JPG
    Ramin slaw1sm.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 237
Last edited: