Hog Traps Out and Ready!

95g atl

joseph, you have any regular pics of your trap setup?
what county are these traps in?
-Brian

j_seph

I am new to this so we shall see what happens. This is up in Northeast GA near SC. There is probably still 40lbs of corn in the ground for them to work for in the picture. That is a 7mag shell beside track, figure it is a big one for sure.

Attachments

• track.jpg
    track.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1,076
  • b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,173
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 5,380
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 1,072

95g atl

^^^ really nice trap. Wow. I like the tractor too....! have a few myself.....
9na.jpg

te20a.jpg

foodplottractor.jpg

j_seph

Lol, I have an 8n that is actually the lady who owns the farms tractor. Can't get my truck in there if its damp. Picking up a Yota 4x4 tomorrow. I got $120 in the trap.

95g atl

Lol, I have an 8n that is actually the lady who owns the farms tractor. Can't get my truck in there if its damp. Picking up a Yota 4x4 tomorrow. I got $120 in the trap.

very nice!
been wanting a old toyota or nissan 4x4 ---- smaller than my current hunting truck (chevy tahoe).

Yup the tractor will go anywhere.

j_seph

Well look what showed up

At the wrong freaking corn pile, but they ate all of it so now all that's left for them is the trap bait

Attachments

• MDGC0205.jpg
    MDGC0205.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 942
  • MDGC0207.jpg
    MDGC0207.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 929
  • MDGC0213.jpg
    MDGC0213.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,005
  • MDGC0221.jpg
    MDGC0221.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 908

j_seph

They are more frequent, they showed up wed and this morning time and date is wrong. They actually walked into the funnel area and ate corn. One had reared up on the outside of fence to try and get to the corn. We pulled the door open and attched it to a root trip line inside so maybe in the morning. Looking at them beside the panels couple of em look pretty big.
http://photobucket.com/hogs

Ole Crip

Nice job we have a similar trap but it has the swinging type bar doors. It is 90' in length we are planning on catching the whole herd. :)

Darkhorse

So? How did that trap work out? It's a different perspective from what I use and I'm just wondering.

j_seph

Hogs went in mine but ripped through where the loose end was at for the door and pulled post up. Thought they would be educated but they have came under that panel every night since Sunday eating inside trap. Headed back up Friday to add more post and a drop gate.