Hogs on Redlands

CroMagnum

With all the gunshots from deer hunters has anyone seen fresh hog sign on Redlands or have they been scared off? I'm headed there this weekend in search of fresh ??

Josh B

I live bordering redlands and I've never seen a pig there. I heard they were there a long time ago.

Redbeardless

I have hunted Redlands off and on since before it was Redlands and have never seen a hog in that area. I know from others that hunt private land adjacent to Redlands that hogs are around, but the only hog sign that I have seen while hunting Redlands has been in the last few years. Unless you know someone that is on them, I think your chances would be much better on one of the other WMA's that are more populated with pork. If you do give it a try, your best chance of coming across sign will be around the river bottoms and swamps. The biggest problem right now for deer or hogs is the over abundant mast crop this year, especially since the hurricane blew through. A deer or hog could literally stand up, eat his fill, and lay back down without moving ten yards around most of the hardwood bottoms right now!

CroMagnum

I have hunted Redlands off and on since before it was Redlands and have never seen a hog in that area. I know from others that hunt private land adjacent to Redlands that hogs are around, but the only hog sign that I have seen while hunting Redlands has been in the last few years. Unless you know someone that is on them, I think your chances would be much better on one of the other WMA's that are more populated with pork. If you do give it a try, your best chance of coming across sign will be around the river bottoms and swamps. The biggest problem right now for deer or hogs is the over abundant mast crop this year, especially since the hurricane blew through. A deer or hog could literally stand up, eat his fill, and lay back down without moving ten yards around most of the hardwood bottoms right now!
Thanks man. I appreciate your input. Sounds like it might be time for a trip to Pine Log

Josh B

So I was told behind the check station there is a swampy bottom with some sign but warden says when the shooting starts they vanish