Home Defense Revolver

rosewood

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
For people who physically can’t handle a larger caliber and it’s recoil they are better than nothing

I suppose you are right Sir! Could always suppress too.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I truly enjoy shooting sessions with my 45acp pistolas.

If money wasn’t an option I could easily enjoy 300rd sessions.

That being said, there is no denial about my being able to put more 9mm rounds on target.......must faster and remain same or better accuracy......especially if the shooting involves transitions from target to target.

In the woods I want a handgun cartridge that I could actually hunt with and kill deer & hogs. .44mag, 10mm.......

For self defense I have no hangups carrying 9mm....especially if it affords a few more rounds onboard.

100%. I carry 9mm. Nightstand is 9mm. By small caliber, I was referring to the .22 WMR recommendation. But again, to each their own.

delacroix

BANNED
Ruger LCR .327 Federal. Load with Georgia Arms .32 H&R mag 100gr XTP if you want a revolver. If for home defense, a pistol might be better. They make easy racking .380s for just this situation. Hard to beat a Walther.

Also, a wife is usually as capable as a husband in picking out handguns. Get something that she can point well with her hand, not yours. The sights should align on what she points at without having to look at those sights if the gun fits her hand.

SC Hunter

Ruger LCR .327 Federal. Load with Georgia Arms .32 H&R mag 100gr XTP if you want a revolver. If for home defense, a pistol might be better. They make easy racking .380s for just this situation. Hard to beat a Walther.

Also, a wife is usually as capable as a husband in picking out handguns. Get something that she can point well with her hand, not yours. The sights should align on what she points at without having to look at those sights if the gun fits her hand.

I fully agree with the last part. For a long time my wife shot my pistols and wanted one of her own and I told her when your ready for your own we'll go get you one. I bet she held 20 different pistols at Barrow's. I know I mention Barrow's alot on here but I've simply never been in another store that treats you the way the do and the amount of guns they have. Anyway, Halley held gun after gun and pulled back slide after slide and as soon as she grabbed the Shield EZ she said that was the gun for her and she loves it. We shoot it about once a week.

I can say I'd rather have a 9mm over a 22 long rifle or a 45 with 15 rounds in it if I knew I was going to use it on somebody. But I would also not be afraid to use a PMR 30. That much 22 magnum coming at you will make you really reevaluate your life decisions.

rosewood

No doubt the the PMR30 with a 22mag would be great for self defense. It is just loud!

LonePine

Just got back from an unnamed gun store in Canton because my 69 year old Mom wanted to buy her first gun. Together we determined that a .38 revolver is the best bet due to simplicity and reliability. Guy at the gun counter tells her that shooting a .38 is like holding your hand out and having someone hit it with a baseball bat. And that she shouldn’t buy a revolver because they are hard to work on when they need repairs. Just stood there shaking my head and told her we’d go look somewhere else.