Home prices continuing Up up up

ClemsonRangers

Is it zoned for 3 homes. That is a tremendous amount for 1 acre. I thought most places have a minimum lot size.
i think the county min is .33 acres, they make exceptions too, lots of new tax money

bet they could squeeze 15 two story townhomes in there, corner lot

upstate sc is crazy, mobile homes, mill houses, 250-300K

SarahFair

That doesn't make sense. With inventory supposedly low and prices "higher than ever", builders SHOULD be building like crazy trying to fill the gap and capitalize on the high prices, but apparently they're not.

Some anecdotal evidence to support. we are currently having timber cut on some land we own and I was literally just there 2hrs ago checking on it. Talked to the crew lead and he tells me that it is going to take longer than expected to finish as the company is limited on the number of loads per day that the mills are taking. He told me that Madison has limited them to 4 loads a day and that Augusta is limiting them to 2. That's company wide, not just our tract. He said the only thing/place that is still currently unrestricted is Hardwood Logs.

Now some may think this is just a "negotiating tactic" but we have a contract with prices already set, so it makes no difference to us.
There is quota at the mills, like you said, its not a negotiation tactic.
It's frustrating for the logging companies to try and work around these because usually they won't know till the day/evening before what the quota will be, then trying to line up the truck drivers
...and heaven forbid the mills gets backed up or they shut completely down for a day or two.

I want to say the SO said the new neighborhoods are slowing down, but commercial building is still doing pretty well. :unsure:

leroy

That doesn't make sense. With inventory supposedly low and prices "higher than ever", builders SHOULD be building like crazy trying to fill the gap and capitalize on the high prices, but apparently they're not.

Some anecdotal evidence to support. we are currently having timber cut on some land we own and I was literally just there 2hrs ago checking on it. Talked to the crew lead and he tells me that it is going to take longer than expected to finish as the company is limited on the number of loads per day that the mills are taking. He told me that Madison has limited them to 4 loads a day and that Augusta is limiting them to 2. That's company wide, not just our tract. He said the only thing/place that is still currently unrestricted is Hardwood Logs.

Now some may think this is just a "negotiating tactic" but we have a contract with prices already set, so it makes no difference to us.
Couple contractor buddies are years out one who talked about retiring said he keeps upping his prices and people keep paying it, and he builds mostly 7 figure homes, easy money.

pjciii

Zillow is what the county tax ***
i think the county min is .33 acres, they make exceptions too, lots of new tax money

bet they could squeeze 15 two story townhomes in there, corner lot

upstate sc is crazy, mobile homes, mill houses, 250-300K
I agree with you. The housing market in areas where things are still moving is bonkers. I feel for the young families that are still trying to get a home. Not bad enough to pay off their student loans

westcobbdog

Zillow is what the county tax ***

I agree with you. The housing market in areas where things are still moving is bonkers. I feel for the young families that are still trying to get a home. Not bad enough to pay off their student loans
I tell ya it truly is tough on young families, who are maybe renting and wanting to get into a home they own. Have 2 young families I am helping find a house right now and the good ones are pricey and mostly go fast, too. Go high and have no inspection period just puts you in the running, geez.

pjciii

Do they have help and support from their families. With interest, PITI they would be looking at 1800 to 2500 a month. Something like that would be hard to swallow.

oldfella1962

Yup, my son turns 18 real soon, he's not in a hurry to move out and we aren't pushing him as long as hes saving and investing, but he does not even know how it'll be possible to buy even in a few years.
My college grad son works two jobs (one full, one part-time) and his wife works (store clerk) and the VA home loan folks pretty much told him to pound sand with that weak-sauce income. He has no student loan to pay off, Uncle Sam paid for his college degree. Even a house in the hood was out of the question. :(