Honda Rancher no power from battery

hiawassee1

When I was down at camp 2 weekends ago, I had used the wheeler for day and a half. Jumped on it, turned the key, no lights came on and wouldn’t start with ignition. Figured it was the battery.
Order a new battery, installed it last night, still nothing. I watched a YouTube video, said it could be a fuse or the voltage rectifier. I checked them both out seem to be fine. I’m wondering if a mouse chewed thru a wire somewhere.

Any ideas

earlthegoat2

Check for power from your battery to your fuse block. There should be a wire jumped from the positive battery cable somewhere along the cables route. it Sounds like main power has been compromised somewhere In between the battery and the fuse block….if the fuse is in fact good.

I have made the mistake many times of just looking at the fuse and not seeing a break and assuming it is good. Test each fuse with a test light or an Ohm meter.

There may be a relay in there somewhere too that has gone bad.

That should get you on the right track.

Havana Dude

would a solenoid cause the lights not to work? I don't think it would.

I am thinking a fuse. Or like was suggested, a rodent gnawed thru a wire

I think you are correct. Another slim possibility is the brand new battery is no good. Very slim chance that’s it, but I’ve had that happen before.

BriarPatch99

Just replaced a melted John Deere fuse block on my Gator .... It basically did same thing ... drive it down to farm about mile and half away ....turned off ...would not start ...no lights ...

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I woulda bet money it was rat/wiring harness. Glad you got her going again.

lonewolf247

Yes many cases like that it is a fuse, when you have nothing, or unless it's wire or connection problems. I had the same problem with a fuse like that a year ago. Changed it and it's still going good. Glad you fixed it.