Hope This Ain't A Mistake??????

Big7

The Oracle
This Red Dot and Ruger is a wicked combination.

It's been in this configuration untouched, except to change batteries for prolly 20 years. I don't even know for sure. I do know it will stack them in there as good a scope. Not joking either.

Fixin' to put this little Dot Laser combo on it and see how that works out.

The one I played with at the Emerson Gun Show was looking/working perfectly.

This one is brand new and still in the plastic shrink wrap so we will see.
20231026_085503.jpg

Big7

The Oracle
Turns out this might be a dud after all. I called the guy that owned the booth and he is going to ship me another one. Warranty is 6 months through him and a year from the manufacturer.

It's a little messed up and comes and goes. Loses POI when you change reticle sometimes. Hopefully it just this one and not the brand. It looks to be well made and I really like the way it's set up and where all the switches were ergonomically.

If the second one is no good he's giving me a refund so I'm not really out anything but a half box of 22 boolits and time it takes to put my old Tube Dot back and sight it in.

The Reflex Red/Green Dot + Lazer is an awesome concept and I want it to work. Bad. :bounce:
Also liked that it had another switch on the laser with a wire and detached switch but haven't figured out how it mounts- yet.

And that can of Blaster is not good for wood.
Now I got another project but got all the necessary material so not a big deal.
Did that about a month ago but never got around to posting. WARNING: That stuff is as strong as carburetor cleaner and 3X as expensive.

Heck- I might even oil that stock and see how pretty I can make it.20231026_181215_(1).jpg20231026_181232.jpg20231026_181238.jpg

Last edited:

Robert28

If you can catch one of those Bushnell TS-25’s on sale those are the ticket for those 10/22’s. I was going to put one in my 10/22 but bought a Bushnell Banner for right now.

Big7

The Oracle
If you can catch one of those Bushnell TS-25’s on sale those are the ticket for those 10/22’s. I was going to put one in my 10/22 but bought a Bushnell Banner for right now.
Those little sig Romeo 5's are the cats keaster.
I took a good tube dot off to try this one and I have 2 more 10- 22s scoped.

I was hoping this would work out because it has a reflex dot and a laser.

The reflex has 4 green and 4 red adjustable illumination reticles and the laser has an attached switch that can be removed and a corded one came with it you can mount at the pistol grip or the trigger guard.

It's a cool little number. I hope I just got a bad one and they're not all junk. If the one he sends me is functioning properly, I will probably buy another one or try to fing something similar.
20231026_221500.jpg

Bobby Bigtime

I am a huge fan of dot sights ,ever since I put a weaver quick point on my Mossberg 500 in 1981. There are so many really cool ones out there with awesome features however, most of them are crap. Even in some of the name brand options it seems quality is lacking. Our local farm and ranch was closing out the Burris Rd for 75 bucks it is an awesome site and is working well on one of my 450's went to get another a few days later and they were snatched up. But again the sig Sauer dots are have been wonderful for me. They changed the configuration of the Romeo 7 which is too bad because the older model to me is near perfect. Hope the replacement works out for you.

Big7

The Oracle
I am a huge fan of dot sights ,ever since I put a weaver quick point on my Mossberg 500 in 1981. There are so many really cool ones out there with awesome features however, most of them are crap. Even in some of the name brand options it seems quality is lacking. Our local farm and ranch was closing out the Burris Rd for 75 bucks it is an awesome site and is working well on one of my 450's went to get another a few days later and they were snatched up. But again the sig Sauer dots are have been wonderful for me. They changed the configuration of the Romeo 7 which is too bad because the older model to me is near perfect. Hope the replacement works out for you.
Guy sent me a text and said he would send a shipping label and he would have to have the defective one back before he could send me another one to try.

They will be at a show in Lawrenceville tomorrow and I might just go up there and make the decision.

I did notice playing around with the laser component, it kind of fans out over distance.
Granted, farther than I would shoot it in poor light anyway and I don't even know if the high end ones do that too.

First time ever messing with a laser sight of any kind- except playing with friends that had them for just a few minutes. I can always revisit this later.

And.. Trading Place has Vortex scopes at a pretty good price right now so I might just put the tube dot back on the 10- 22 for now and put that money on a decent scope for a centerfire.
I need a better scope for my 336C.