How about this compromise on baiting and the limit

labman

Banned
JBowers said:
So you advocate secrecy or "hiding something"?
Where do you get that ? I think you add to much between the lines. So does that mean if your gay then you should go around and tell everyone and try and start something to get a responce. I don't think so. If you don't announce things trying to get something started then most of the time nothing will materialize from it. If you want to start trouble then that's fine have at it. What ever makes you feel good about the stand you take I guess. I wont respond to anymore of this thread whereas I don't hunt in GA. It is legal here in FLto bait. Y'all enjoy you conversation.

GeauxLSU

hunting 101 said:
I would still like to know what you guys think about going back to the old way of tagging deer???? I am for the tags you have to put on the deer.
No problem with it and would be in favor of it. Supposedly a cost drain to implement.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I would still like to know what you guys think about going back to the old way of tagging deer???? I am for the tags you have to put on the deer.

waste of time and money. way too many ways to get around it and costs $$$ to implement with no real reason to do so.

T

JBowers

labman said:
Where do you get that ?
Originally Posted by labman
Just don't ask! I would think the less you/we bring this up to the non hunting public the less they think about it. The more we talk about something the more publicity it recieves.

JBowers

Huntervationist said:
Can you read? BAITING
As mentioned previously, this issue in Georgia concerns Georgia Law and efforts to change said law and the effort to keep it like it is or strengthen it. Thus the only relevant definition is the legal definition in that law.

Huntervationist

John Bowers...I respect your position on this, and in the most base terms you are correct.....in that,... to avoid prosecution you should pay attention to the Georgia hypocrisy in legal definition.
But John......The state of Georgia can call an apple an orange 365 days a year.........but at the end of that year......that apple ain't gonna become a citrus fruit! ::ke: :love:

Now i will concede.....that if the state wants to make it no baiting...in that you cant hunt in direct line of site and 200 yards of any planted field, or non indigenous food source, and ban the use of all attractants(horns, grunts, or scents)....Hey.... I'm down with it
NO BAITING.....but if it's just some Lilly law, that supports contributers to large political campaigns, while dividing hunters and, and harasses the everyday hunter.....No I'm not with that "NEW" definition...In fact... want it changed.

Last edited:

Lumpkin Hunter

Maybe we should not be as concerned with the baiting issue and limit issue and be concerned with the fact that our right to hunt is going to be coming up on a ballot in the near future from what I understand. I know the vote is to protect our right to hunt, but it will give the anti hunter, the animal rights person and anyone else the ability to decide if our right to hunt should be protected. If this does not pass the animal rights groups will be on the attack.
Just another thought to ponder.
Hunt hard.

labman

Banned
JBowers said:
I see no response! You read stuff into it that is not there. I don't understand where you got that idea but that's fine, If that's how you see it and that makes you feel good then so be it. I guess i'm hiding something. I don't go out and question the non hunting public, I keep to myself and enjoy life it's to short. Relax you might enjoy it yourself.

JBowers

Lumpkin Hunter said:
Maybe we should not be as concerned with the baiting issue and limit issue and be concerned with the fact that our right to hunt is going to be coming up on a ballot in the near future from what I understand. I know the vote is to protect our right to hunt, but it will give the anti hunter, the animal rights person and anyone else the ability to decide if our right to hunt should be protected. If this does not pass the animal rights groups will be on the attack.
Just another thought to ponder.
Hunt hard.
As previously stated, I will oppose this one too!

JBowers

labman said:
I see no response! You read stuff into it that is not there. I don't understand where you got that idea but that's fine, If that's how you see it and that makes you feel good then so be it.
No not really. Secrets are things that aren't talked about, so are skeletons. It should be clear now.