How do they do it???

LTZ25

There are several reasons why Amazon is able to remain very competitive. One major reason is that they sell cheap, made in China, garbage. Virtually every product you search, unless you specify a name brand, will come back with some kind of no-name Chinese product.

But this is the world we live in. For you investors out there, consider the real possibility that Amazon could make a major acquisition or stake in a large retailer or other major distribution channel. Specifically, food, one area they struggle with.

My wife was just complaining to me yesterday about the fact she was grocery shopping at Kroger and the isles were packed full employees and shopping carts doing pickup orders. She said she got all sorts of rude looks walking down the isle, like she was inconveniencing the employees for being in their busy way.. This is the next consumer progression.
I use this service and love it , you should give it a try , I also use the Publix version which has way better service . I'm not really lazy I just like the convince of this , I add to list as days go by then order and can pick it up at Publix in a couple of hours , I payed extra to be able to get faster orders .

killerv

I finally joined prime after all these years, the included amazon video is almost worth the cost by itself. I've had several packages delivered the next morning.

I've had three orders go missing, usps tracking said delivered. Nothing too expensive, a simple chat with amazon and they were replaced at no cost to me.

killerv

I use this service and love it , you should give it a try , I also use the Publix version which has way better service . I'm not really lazy I just like the convince of this , I add to list as days go by then order and can pick it up at Publix in a couple of hours , I payed extra to be able to get faster orders .

Friend who vacations in florida starting using it on their trip down, do the list on the phone on the way down, its ready when they get to their vacation spot at a publix. Quick pickup instead of wasting an hour to shop while your are on vacation.

ryanh487

They purposely force 3rd party vendors to sell at a loss to squash the market. You helped them become successful which in turn fouled the local dealers.

Amazon dictates the pricing as well as their internet traffic. They've purposely tried to divert all of our sales out west to make us self abort the products we were selling.
Not quite true.

3rd party vendors buy the inventory and ship it to Amazon's warehouses and list it for sale on Amazon. Amazon takes $2.50 plus a small single digit percentage and handles the fulfillment of the order. Amazon has made more individuals and small business into millionaires than any other outlet.

BeerThirty

I don't really do much grocery shopping other than stocking up on meat. I've spent the better part of 15 years in the meat business so I'm just too darn picky on what meat goes into my basket.

My wife on the other hand uses the pickup service quite often.

treemanjohn

Banned
Not quite true.

3rd party vendors buy the inventory and ship it to Amazon's warehouses and list it for sale on Amazon. Amazon takes $2.50 plus a small single digit percentage and handles the fulfillment of the order. Amazon has made more individuals and small business into millionaires than any other outlet.
I know the system well. I've been selling on Amazon since 1999 and beta tested their affiliate program in 2002. :)

Stainlessman

The prime used to be $99. bucks now its up to $130 or more. And it used to say "with prime two day shipping" , I don't think it says that any longer.
But they certainly get a good share of my dough for personal stuff and business stuff. I recently wanted a goose call. Looked at Amazon. There it was Primos Honky Tonk. It was here in two days and its Loud.

LTZ25

I don't really do much grocery shopping other than stocking up on meat. I've spent the better part of 15 years in the meat business so I'm just too darn picky on what meat goes into my basket.

My wife on the other hand uses the pickup service quite often.
(y) Understand but I don't eat much meat other than maybe spoke a pork roast every once and a while .

LTZ25

Friend who vacations in florida starting using it on their trip down, do the list on the phone on the way down, its ready when they get to their vacation spot at a publix. Quick pickup instead of wasting an hour to shop while your are on vacation.
If I'm headed to the lake villa a lot of times I order and pickup my groceries on the way .

Stainlessman

I did order swuit for the birds from Amazon on yesterday Friday.
It came this afternoon in the US Mail. There has to be a Amazon hub in Massachusetts to get it here to Maine so quick.