How Hot Is It Where You Are?

georgia_home

Cooling off now. Wasn’t awful, but hot enough and humid today

coasters

IMG_1851.pngIMG_1859.jpegIMG_1863.png

GeorgiaBob

Big7

The Oracle
80* here now and I got water going on the grass.

GeorgiaBob

No kidding, we will be toast if one of these decide to get a name View attachment 1242569

Not to rain on anyone's Chicken Little moment, but note that NHC rates the chance that any of the three low pressure areas will develop into ANY storm is very low! Contrary to the doom and gloom NOAA predictions of a "more active than normal" hurricane season, 2023 has - to date - been mild. That doesn't mean a powerful storm or three won't develop.

We are just entering the usual months for the most numerous and most powerful storms (August and September). But this year the Sahara Desert just hasn't been throwing heavy storms so far, and that is what creates the conditions for Atlantic hurricanes. A hot Gulf of Mexico might make a few bad storms, but they haven't blown up yet!

sinclair1

Not to rain on anyone's Chicken Little moment, but note that NHC rates the chance that any of the three low pressure areas will develop into ANY storm is very low! Contrary to the doom and gloom NOAA predictions of a "more active than normal" hurricane season, 2023 has - to date - been mild. That doesn't mean a powerful storm or three won't develop.

We are just entering the usual months for the most numerous and most powerful storms (August and September). But this year the Sahara Desert just hasn't been throwing heavy storms so far, and that is what creates the conditions for Atlantic hurricanes. A hot Gulf of Mexico might make a few bad storms, but they haven't blown up yet!
I have been renting a beach house for 23 straight Septembers including this one. We have been hit once by a little yeller bubble from NOAA and missed a half dozen times by the weather gurus sure thing. It’s weather and no one knows.

So if one of those go where they say and it gets a name we are toast.
Low odds or not, I say boy, I say boy it looks like a hurricane boy.

:bounce: I got chicken little and Foghorn Leghorn confused

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
69* in the 30655.
Got the water going while it's cool.
Might have waited to late for the fescue in the front but the Zoysia in the back and sides look good still. Hope I can save it. Sure was a lot of work getting it looking good.
20230726_065501.jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
105 in Oklahoma City yesterday. More of the same today. 78 degrees at 0500, with steady wind that feels like a hair dryer blowing in your face.

Big7

The Oracle
Radio said high of 97* today and I was sitting in the parking lot at Ace Hardware when they opened at 7:30 buying a new mostly metal sprinkler. $40.00 more spent on grass this year.
It REALLY puts out the water.

Sun will be over the trees in 30 mins but still pretty cool so Ima' keep watering.

bullgator

8:20 AM and it’s 76° with a feels like of 82°. We also have 91% humidity.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member