How to Demo's and Shoot

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I started this as an answer on another thread and thought I'd go ahead and start it here for a future shoot.

The 2nd New Georgia Trad Shoot, or ???

I would like to set up a shoot where we could also have some demo's for how to's as well.
If you did'nt want to shoot, you could be doing a self bow, knapp heads, fletching arrows, making flu flu's, making river cane arrows, chopping and grinding whole turkey feathers, making strings, buiding quivers (back, hip or bow), making a jig for different things we do, etc. etc. etc. the list goes on.
You could get pointers on your form, selecting and making your own arrows, seting up your bow etc.
We could do a "Blanket shoot" have a "Trade Blanket", do some buying swaping and selling if you wished, or just mingle, enjoy the day and see what others have or how the're doing what they do.
We could have the grills going as well ;) Cook a little earlier and have something to snack on later in the day.
I really enjoyed the "free lance" shooting we did, airials, stump shooting, etc. that was a hoot ! I'll cut the lower 40 to make arrow retriving a bit more enjoyable, if ya'll want to do it here. We can even, and I plan too, have a few more targets set up to shoot at.
I've noticed a lot of folks wanting to start shooting traditional tackle, this would really be good for them, me and us all, LOL, to get together and show each other what we know. This would also be good for all the new folks to this addiction, so as not to get discoureged about what they are doing. Plus as we all know, this can be a truck load of fun ta boot !
So what say ye ? Are ya intrested in this ?
We can start planning now for later on this fall, winter ?
Place to have this, "here" or where ever ya'll want to, does not matter to me, my home is always open. I do have a shop if anyone has anything they might want to do in a shop, I have some power tools, fletchers, crester, etc.
Any other ideas on what you may want to do, have or learn ? Let's hear them. This is a shoot with everyone in mind, so don't be shy, or it's on you LOL!!!
Jerald

Robert Warnock

I am definitely interested, hope this works out.

choctawlb

Jerald,
Sounds good to me .:cool: Hopefully I can work it into my schedule.:huh:
Ken

fflintlock

I hope you can make it too Ken !
I got a spare room for ya !
So everyone go over your free time slots and let's start throwing some dates out.
I'm sure we'll do it, folks just have to be able to get the time off to show up. This is not for just the men either, please bring your familys along, or if your a lady archer ;) you are most certainly more then welcome. My wife said so too, LOL!!!
Oh yea, Lewis just volunteered to help LOL!!!

ed'sboy

I think it would be a great event. My only input is that it occur in the winter after hunting season. JMO

reviveourhomes

Im in there like swim wear!!!!

It doesnt matter with me on dates or place. I vote for the following....GRILL!!!!, trade blanket, blanket shoot again!!

I can bring a couple bales and my block target I won at the last one and we can make up a good little course.

Man Im already exited!! The last one was a BLAST, all you guys who couldnt come last time or are just getting into trad shooting need to show up cause you will have the time of your traditional life! LOL

Apex Predator

I'm ready to meet some of you good folks! Let me know ahead of time, and I'll be there. After hunting season would be a plus for me! :)

Slingblade

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm off work on Monday and Tuesday...so the way I got it figgered I'll be a day or two late. Y'all have careful and be fun.

Last edited:

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
um well i guess i could be there .......heck yeah im in who would miss out on the hippie freak, back-yard skinny dippin, chunky dunkin and best arra slingin event of the year.......? did i really just say all that.......

robert carter

You could have it during small game on a wma somewhere in mid state and we could shoot targets maybe a pig and fling arrows at tree rats.RC

Robert Warnock

Anything definite on this yet. I would welcome the opportunity to shoot with some of ya'll and get some pointers.

fflintlock

Oh yea, we're going to do it. It'll probably be after hunt'n season, when is that ?
But, I say but, if anyone wants to get together before then to do some shoot'n, just holler.
We gota do it before the middle of January, cause I have some classes to take that will flat tie up 8 weekends in a row.

JnT

Count me and Tammy in. Would love to shoot with ya'll. We are in Powder Springs so we are close to Fflintlock and Reviveourhomes.
Tammy won a couple of State Championships with training wheels. I'm trying to talk her into losing arrows like me learning traditional. :)
We have a 3D bear ,deer, and a couple of other targets we can bring.

fflintlock

Dang ! This next one might actually turn into something LOL!!
JnT, would love to have ya'll over.
Everyone that missed the last one, needs to be at this one. With all this intrest, sounds like a good'un comming up
whoo hooo !! ;)

reviveourhomes

Sounds like we are gonna have a GOD crowd this time!!! Man what a blast it will be.

So do we have any dates planned yet?? I say sometime Mid- November or Early December so its not too cold to have a good time all day outside.