How to Fillet Pinfish

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
My uncle who grew up in Cross City/Horseshoe Beach would eat pinfish. I would try them. Lots of folks like croaker/grunts and the meat looks around the same to me so it probably taste similar. Let's not lump mullet in with questionable fish, it is a gulf coast delicacy.

Dad lives in Horseshoe, and we eat the bigger pinfish, nothing but a saltwater bream. We don't fillet them, just scale, gut, cut the head off and fry them up. The small ones we use to fish for gator trout and gag grouper.

Plus you can trap them:wink:

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I bet most of you fellows have had sardines in mustard sauce so don’t go crying about a fried pinfish.

Sardines in mustard or Louisiana hot sauce:p

Those with Vienna's and saltines are required provisions on my boat.

Geffellz18

Some of the best eating fish out there to me are mullet, flounder, and grouper.
Flounder-Check, Grouper-Check.
Never took a liking to mullet though.
Maybe because I despise them for working 2000ft+ nets with my grandfather in Escambia bay growing up.
Always enjoyed going fishing with him until I got there and the net boat was hooked to the truck vs. the old Kennedy Craft!

panfishvinnie

My wife loves to fish, and eat fish. She is a release to the grease girl through and through! We caught a pin fish one day, and naturally she wanted to keep it! I told her they were bony and no good to eat. Of course the next thing out of her mouth was "have you ever eaten one"? Wellll noooo... So guess who kept that pin fish and cleaned it. We fried it up with some whiting we caught and we tried it. We like whiting a lot better, so she hasn't asked to keep another one since then. I say eat whatever kind of fish you want. When I tell people I eat gar they look at me like there is no way they would eat one.Everyone's taste is different and thank you for the video!