How to price a boat?

hopper

I have a Santee 160 tiller about 3 yrs old. I'm thinking of selling it to offset some medical expenses for my daughter. Having a hard time finding used prices on this one. Boat, 20 hp tahatsu motor, trailer all bought together. New price quote on it with same options is 14,000 and change. I would like to list it this weekend but having a hard time with a fair market of this thing. Any suggestions on were to start? Screenshot_20230713_135203_Chrome.jpglooks about like this one. http://www.santeeboats.com/boat-models.html
Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If it looks as new as one in picture I’d probably ask what a paid for it . Then knock a couple thousand off so someone thinks they are getting a good deal

hopper

If it looks as new as one in picture I’d probably ask what a paid for it . Then knock a couple thousand off so someone thinks they are getting a good deal
Yeah it looks pretty new since I never really get chance to use it. Thanks for the tip good starting point.

Last edited by a moderator:

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I have a Santee 160 tiller about 3 yrs old. I'm thinking of selling it to offset some medical expenses for my daughter. Having a hard time finding used prices on this one. Boat, 20 hp tahatsu motor, trailer all bought together. New price quote on it with same options is 14,000 and change. I would like to list it this weekend but having a hard time with a fair market of this thing. Any suggestions on were to start? View attachment 1239432looks about like this one. http://www.santeeboats.com/boat-models.html
Any help would be Greatly Appreciated.
List it close to the coast.
And make them pay a delivery fee.
That's a diamond in south Florida.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I would definitely look to see what some like it are selling for...

hopper

I would definitely look to see what some like it are selling for...
Yeah, that's been the hard part. Haven't found any used for sale.
I’d probably try our classifieds here . That’s what it’s for and I’ve been very satisfied with a couple sales and purchases I’ve made on there
Never have used the GON classified. Thanks gonna look into that tomorrow.

Lukikus2

Watching this thread. I have one I need to sale or trade and really don’t want to put up with hassle by folks that are just “interested” and waste all my time. I sold one years ago on boat trader web site that went easy. The people on Craigslist drove me crazy just wanting free boat rides. There is a site that is we buy boats. Haven’t tried them out yet but probably will soon. Mine is too much for me to handle alone and need something like a skiff. What you have. And yes, I am in Florida. Lol

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I agree. List for more than you would take, then let them haggle! I’ve posted several items on classifieds here and the outdoors trader in the last week. I’ve sold most everything on the classifieds here. My wife posted my old truck on marketplace Facebook. I got the lead and sell from there on it.

hopper

I agree. List for more than you would take, then let them haggle! I’ve posted several items on classifieds here and the outdoors trader in the last week. I’ve sold most everything on the classifieds here. My wife posted my old truck on marketplace Facebook. I got the lead and sell from there on it.
I'm gonna need to reach out to an administrator. For some reason I can't log in to the classified. Did you have to jump through any hoops to log in and list an item?

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

I'm gonna need to reach out to an administrator. For some reason I can't log in to the classified. Did you have to jump through any hoops to log in and list an item?
Not at all. I logged in with the same username and password I use here

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
After the last shake up with scammers, you have to subscribe for only one month and you can post and buy in the classifieds from then on. If it hasn't changed since I bought my boat in early spring.

Lukikus2

After the last shake up with scammers, you have to subscribe for only one month and you can post and buy in the classifieds from then on. If it hasn't changed since I bought my boat in early spring.

I am going to try that and report back when I can get some updated pic’s. Does it depend on how many posts you have made? (And survived).

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I am going to try that and report back when I can get some updated pic’s. Does it depend on how many posts you have made? (And survived).
The classifieds are a part of G.O.N.'s web site, and have nothing to do with The Campfire forums. All I had to do was subscribe to the mag. for 1 month and can view all content in the classifieds, buy, and sell from then on.