How was Dawson WMA Quota hunt?

Anyone go to the Quota hunt at Dawson Forest today? I was out squirrel hunting Friday and there were hundreds of birds on the field around 8:30am. Was wondering how it was today.

I was thinking about taking my kid Monday, getting up at 4am on out on the field at 5am or so to get a good spot on the field by the treeline. Hopefully the birds come back after being shot at today.

Well I went this morning and it was a total bust. Son thought I was crazy for waking him up at 4:30am, we get to the field entrance at 5:30am and there must have been 10-12 cars already, then he understood.

Got what I thought was a good spot on the field but there was probably less then 15 or so birds that came on the field the entire time and none within 100 yards of us. We gave up around 10am. Quota hunt Saturday must have scared them off.

From all the new spent shotgun shells and feathers around the field must have been a good day Saturday.

Big7

The Oracle
I ain't seen a public Dove field yet that was worth diddly squat. Granted, I've only been to about 4 in the past 2 years. Shot on 2. Always had private land to hunt but still.

Went to Walton and Charlie Elliott yesterday just to look around. (season closed until next weekend)

Didn't see a single bird at either and only one spot where I seen busted feathers. That was at Walton.

Clybel, the part OUTSIDE Charlie Elliott, looked better than an AG field about 2 weeks ago but since it's all quota, I didn't even pull in there yesterday to look.

Jake300win

Well I went this morning and it was a total bust. Son thought I was crazy for waking him up at 4:30am, we get to the field entrance at 5:30am and there must have been 10-12 cars already, then he understood.

Got what I thought was a good spot on the field but there was probably less then 15 or so birds that came on the field the entire time and none within 100 yards of us. We gave up around 10am. Quota hunt Saturday must have scared them off.

From all the new spent shotgun shells and feathers around the field must have been a good day Saturday.
I was out there tonight, saw a few birds and shot one. If I didn't live close it would have been a wast of time. I was surprised by how many people were out even this evening.