Hunting Camp Renovation for Free

deers2ward

Mods, not sure if this is allowed, but.....A couple my wife and I have known since the 90s (we all went to FSU together) are partners in "Renovation Hunters". Its a TV show on the Outdoor Channel. They are looking for Season 2 projects and asked if we would spread the word, so if anyone here would be interested and ok with maybe being on tv, feel free to submit your info. To be clear, Renovation Hunters pays 100% for everything if you are selected.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Heard where ELFIII's camp was in contract negotiations for a makeover and that he was ok with the proposed pink zebra striped theme, inside and out.

Yep. When they are done I'll hire the Mexican paint crew to come paint it the right colors - Mossy Oak Breakup Country. :bounce:

specialk

wonder if they will just come out and haul off a bunch of old campers left behind by old members???

Waddams

I'll have to give that a watch sometime. My camp is a cabin tent - instead of a reno, wonder if they'd just build me a mobile camp out of a 4x4 suburban?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I like it! I haven’t seen it yet but it’s on my radar. Love to see a woodys member get spotlighted too! :rockon:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I wouldn’t change that too much. Running water,electricity,and fix any leaks. I wouldn’t get rid of that front porch for nothin…..

I concur.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
elfiii - What is it you call your place...Savoy Hilton??? If this show were around bout 6 years ago when you did all your work you might have got it done for free.

It's The Salem Springs Savoy, World headquarters of the Dead Poachers Society hunt club. :bounce:

IMG_0246.JPG

bilgerat

Senior
the old house was a slave house i think, Its so old its sitting on stacks of rocks and the clap board siding was put on with hand hammered square nails, The room to the left side was added later when it was used as a hunt camp in the 60s and 70s., theres still 2x4 bunkbeds built in that room. It needs a lot of work but I have plans to start on it this summer.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
the old house was a slave house i think, Its so old its sitting on stacks of rocks and the clap board siding was put on with hand hammered square nails, The room to the left side was added later when it was used as a hunt camp in the 60s and 70s., theres still 2x4 bunkbeds built in that room. It needs a lot of work but I have plans to start on it this summer.
Old sharecroppers house. If it was used as a slaves quarters it would be close to one hundred and fifty years old or older. Termites and carpenters ants would have eaten it completely up.