I bet my mailman would hate me

sleepr71

I bought a Trapping lure(Gland lure)
at Bass Pro in Macon a few months ago. Little Gothic girl behind the counter asked “What’s that..??” I cracked it open for her & I wish somebody had been there to video her reaction when she got a big whiff.! I told her it was Coyote Anal Glands…:rofl:

Furmaster

I ordered some GHll last year for the first time and have used it some last year and this year . Everybody was saying how loud it was , mine must be what yal are talking about cause it isn’t as loud as some of the other lures I carry . Have had a few catches on it though past couple weeks

Doboy Dawg

Once I had some two part skunk cover scent. Part A in one bottle and part B in another. One drop of each on each boot was sufficient cover for my tree stand.

I usually took the bag out of my pack. One year I forgot it and somehow those bottles got crushed and mixed in my pack. I wound up throwing quite a bit of headgear away:ROFLMAO:

sportsman94

I’ve heard that story several times. One of the reasons that I got interested in making my own stuff. I hate buying something and it smelling different or having to worry about baits and lures not being sold anymore. It’s a shame how often it happens

furtaker

Once I had some two part skunk cover scent. Part A in one bottle and part B in another. One drop of each on each boot was sufficient cover for my tree stand.

I usually took the bag out of my pack. One year I forgot it and somehow those bottles got crushed and mixed in my pack. I wound up throwing quite a bit of headgear away:ROFLMAO:
Was that stuff called Texas Isabella or something like that? My dad told me about a skunk cover scent that was made years ago that didn't have any smell until you mixed the two together and then it would knock you out. I think they ended up taking it off the market.

Doboy Dawg

I don’t remember the name of who made it. But good grief when it mixed, it was 100% legit. It was in two separate round plastic bottles like eye drops. I kept them in separate zip lock bags because I didn’t want it to mix in my truck.

I left it in my backpack after a bow hunt. I didn’t use that pack until later in firearms season. That pack was a good one. I just couldn’t bring it in the house anymore. Now I stick with dirt scents. That fresh earth seems to work anywhere I hunt.

That skunk scent was strong stuff. It was good to drop a few drops near trucks that would converge near your trails. They wouldn’t park there again :ROFLMAO:

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I was told that Fox Hollow Lures was bought out by Minn Trap. Seems that since then GH-2 isn’t quite the same as it use to be.
They make a lot of different brand lures from my understanding

sportsman94

They make a lot of different brand lures from my understanding

I think CJ believes in the fake pee being mass produced. Other people might as well. I’ve heard the argument (and it makes sense to me) that if a supplier of lure is selling fake/watered down/not top quality urine then what makes you think they are putting top quality urine in their lures. If they are willing to skimp on that to make a $ then what other lure/bait ingredients do you think they might be skimping on to make a $?

furtaker

I don’t remember the name of who made it. But good grief when it mixed, it was 100% legit. It was in two separate round plastic bottles like eye drops. I kept them in separate zip lock bags because I didn’t want it to mix in my truck.

I left it in my backpack after a bow hunt. I didn’t use that pack until later in firearms season. That pack was a good one. I just couldn’t bring it in the house anymore. Now I stick with dirt scents. That fresh earth seems to work anywhere I hunt.

That skunk scent was strong stuff. It was good to drop a few drops near trucks that would converge near your trails. They wouldn’t park there again :ROFLMAO:
I bet that was it. This stuff was a long time ago, probably in the 80s.

furtaker

I tend to stay away from overly skunky lures. I just don't care for that much loud odor right at my set. Maybe I should experiment with them more. Dunlap's Hellfire is very strong but I usually just put a smear up high and close to my set when I use it.

Never been much of a fan of GH-2 for whatever reason.

Mike81

Started making my own baits as well. CJ helped me out a lot. Many a phone call with him. I have made so much bait between deer, bobcat, beaver, and deer I am not sure which one to grab to use, LOL!

canine933

Fox Hollow was made by Bob Young in Dahlonega. Minnesota Trapline bought the formulas years ago. I spent many days with Mr.Bob in his shop in 80’s and 90’s. Ghii, Bounty Hunter and Voodoo still smell the same as it did back then to me. I remember when I was there and he showed a prototype of the super stakes it did not have an end cap on it at the time and he was having trouble pulling the driver out of the ground because dirt was clogging up the driver. He was a good guy and had a lot of good lure and baits that I still use to this day.