I dipped 12 million dollars

sinclair1

Imma hit Marlboro up for a refund of the 20 yrs of cigarettes I smoked so I can invest it in something else. The investment I made to them hasn't had a good return :pop:
i feel pretty stupid, but am trying to right the ship and have the correct amount of retirement dollars by 62. Not really in the mood to live poor at retirement.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You know what they say about hindsight, right?

Yep. If you're looking over you shoulder you're not gonna see what's about to hit ya.

What did I win? :bounce:

sinclair1

You know what they say about hindsight, right?
Yeah, I don’t feel bad for all the money spent on hot rods, fishing boats or any of that, but I could use that 12 million to buy more hot rods and fishing boats. Tobacco is the second stupidest thing I ever done.
We now review once a year to see if I need to adjust spending. We just got surprised with a larger than expected tax bill and nothing has changed other the Idiot in the White House.

specialk

Yeah, I don’t feel bad for all the money spent on hot rods, fishing boats or any of that, but I could use that 12 million to buy more hot rods and fishing boats. Tobacco is the second stupidest thing I ever done.
We now review once a year to see if I need to adjust spending. We just got surprised with a larger than expected tax bill and nothing has changed other the Idiot in the White House.

yeah, i spent most of my money on women and whiskey...the rest i just wasted....

sinclair1

Wrong wrong wrong. If you hadn't had the calming effect of tobacco you'd jump off a building or sumpin! Copenhagen probably saved your life.
The beer did that. I gave beer credit for some medicinal qualities. I do admit dealing with life without either was tough to learn, but very rewarding.

Downside of beer is I missed out on some life being passed out.

naildrvr

i feel pretty stupid, but am trying to right the ship and have the correct amount of retirement dollars by 62. Not really in the mood to live poor at retirement.
I'm trying to build my retirement dollars as well. I'm really not in the mood to live poor at retirement either, or right now, but here I am killing it :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You could also apply the same logic to lawnmower fuel, weedkiller, grass seed, fertilizer, pressure washers, blowers, and city water. :)

Or, anything at all that you spend money on in your lifetime and get some enjoyment out of.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’m on the just now able to legitimately save and really start building a retirement road. Little late at 45, but I want more than what the city and FF’r pension fund will provide.
I’ve inherited a couple pieces of real estate in the recent past and figuring out how to manage them for the most gain has been a struggle.
Two pensions, IRA and 4 rentals at retirement. Or sell the property, pay the capital gains and hope the cash can grow. Leaning heavy toward keeping the property.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I’m on the just now able to legitimately save and really start building a retirement road. Little late at 45, but I want more than what the city and FF’r pension fund will provide.
I’ve inherited a couple pieces of real estate in the recent past and figuring out how to manage them for the most gain has been a struggle.
Two pensions, IRA and 4 rentals at retirement. Or sell the property, pay the capital gains and hope the cash can grow. Leaning heavy toward keeping the property.
It's never too late to start. One of the few things that I did do right in my life was that I did start investing early in my 20's.

sinclair1

You could also apply the same logic to lawnmower fuel, weedkiller, grass seed, fertilizer, pressure washers, blowers, and city water. :)

Or, anything at all that you spend money on in your lifetime and get some enjoyment out of.
Not true at all. Upkeep brings value.we blew town with a stupid amount of increased value.
If you get value from Tobacco that’s great. I didn’t. It bothers me because when I was doing it, I couldn’t really afford it.

Tblank

I was fortunate enough to retire at 55. Don’t have a lot of money or debt other than power bill, taxes and insurance. I’m still enjoying my snuff and beer. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

sinclair1

I was fortunate enough to retire at 55. Don’t have a lot of money or debt other than power bill, taxes and insurance. I’m still enjoying my snuff and beer. Whatever makes you happy I guess.
Congrats, 55 was my goal when I was younger. Not ready yet. I am 56 and going to 62.
My father went at 55. I am scrambling to take up the slack. We are debt free as well,but the new figures on retirement went up as well.