I Gott'em This Morning

Nimrod71

Well this morning was like most morning for a 70 yr. old man with 3 back, 1 neck and 1 shoulder surgeries and it 40 degrees, I'm going deer hunting. I got up late at 7 a.m. jumped in my hunting out fit. I was lucky my gear was already in the truck ready to go. By the time I got to the woods I didn't need a fish light to walk the 1/4 mile to my stand, then climb the tree.

I was in the tree ready to shoot by 8 a.m. I heard the first shot at 8:15 a good hit I heard the pop. The shot came from across the branch on the adjoining farm. Well by 8:30 I had dozed off to sleep and I woke up at 9:15. I set there until 10 and didn't see a thing and I was thinking of getting down when I saw a movement about 50 yds. across the woods. I couldn't tell what it was. Then it walked out in a gap between some trees, a big doe. No shot.. Then she took off running. I knew something was chasing her. I stretcher my eyes as best I could and within a few minutes I saw more movement. A deer was over there but I couldn't tell what it was. Then it walked out of sight. Then on a rise about 150 yds. across the drain I saw a deer walking up the hill. Then it walked into a lighted area between two trees and stopped. All I could see was the antlers shining in the sun. I had the cross hairs on his shoulder in a second and pulled the trigger. The deer ran, the Lord was with me, towards me, crossing the drain and falling in the road across from my stand. I felt good.

The Lord blessed me with a nice buck deer, 8 point, 17 inch inside spread, just good eating size.

poohbear

It sure is a good feeling when everything is going wrong then all of a sudden you are blessed with a great opportunity! Congratulations