Inflamation

westcobbdog

Didn't realize taking ibuprofen hurts or inhibits the inflammation process which is how the body heals that spot. Did realize eating lots of fruits and veggies is a good thing. For me Hemp cream brings relief and quickly to aching joints. But when a blown up neck shoulder or knee starts aching badly I won't be eating an apple or blueberry to make it stop but I get his point.

DAWG1419

Didn't realize taking ibuprofen hurts or inhibits the inflammation process which is how the body heals that spot. Did realize eating lots of fruits and veggies is a good thing. For me Hemp cream brings relief and quickly to aching joints. But when a blown up neck shoulder or knee starts aching badly I won't be eating an apple or blueberry to make it stop but I get his point.
The sugar in the fruit will make inflammation worse. Go low carb and your inflammation will go down

transfixer

I can sorta understand his viewpoint, but from a viewpoint of someone who has osteoarthritis, you don't want to eat sugary fruits, you don't want to intake sugar very much at all, I have a knee that is bone on bone, no cartlidge left, prior to me changing my eating habits my knee would be constantly bothering me, and also occasional shoulder pains, cutting out virtually ALL sugar from my diet, I not only lost weight, which took pressure off my knee, but my knee pain is virtually non-existant anymore.

I had always heard sugar fed inflammation, but didn't put much thought into it, until I saw the difference myself

Hillbilly stalker

One of the most common benefits that people have seen from the carnivore diet ( low/no carb) is the absence of swelling, bloating and relief from arthritis. Dr. Jordan Petersons daughter Mikhaila Peterson has a great video on how it saved her. What you put in your body counts.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
A cucumber a day and organic apple cider vinegar helps my inflamation.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Never heard of using cucumbers

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Couldn’t finish watching it. Waiting for the leeches and letting tools to come out.

hopper

Recently started trying to eat better. Looking at ingredients in food. What amazes me is how sugar is in Everything. I'm probably not going All meat or All anything but just want more natural foods. Even shopping on the outside walls have proven a bit of a challenge. Never gave it much thought but all kinda things pumped in our meat and veggies. Is there really anything wrong with corn fed beef vs grass fed? Or vegetables and fruit grown with tons of fertilizer and pesticides? Part of me says no the part says maybe.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Recently started trying to eat better. Looking at ingredients in food. What amazes me is how sugar is in Everything. I'm probably not going All meat or All anything but just want more natural foods. Even shopping on the outside walls have proven a bit of a challenge. Never gave it much thought but all kinda things pumped in our meat and veggies. Is there really anything wrong with corn fed beef vs grass fed? Or vegetables and fruit grown with tons of fertilizer and pesticides? Part of me says no the part says maybe.
I try to eat like a modern day caveman. Raw or cooked veggies,I limit my fruit intake because of the high sugar contents(strawberries and blue berries are best for this )Meat of the land and sea.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
One of the best veggies to eat daily.Even better than an apple cause it's low carb.
Last yr I planted different kinds of lettuce or salad (whatever it was) and ate some most days. I didn't change my diet any other than the greens. BUT it seemed that 'I felt better'

jbogg

Very timely post. I just started keto for the second time in hopes of reducing inflammation, and getting some joint pain relief. It seems like all the old injuries from my youth are back with a vengeance. Just hoping to extend my time hunting in the mountains by a few years.

I tried it for the first time about a month ago, but got a pretty good case of keto flu by day four so I tucked tail and retreated. I did a lot more reading, and going into it this time around I feel much more prepared. Really hoping I realize some benefit.

DAWG1419

Very timely post. I just started keto for the second time in hopes of reducing inflammation, and getting some joint pain relief. It seems like all the old injuries from my youth are back with a vengeance. Just hoping to extend my time hunting in the mountains by a few years.

I tried it for the first time about a month ago, but got a pretty good case of keto flu by day four so I tucked tail and retreated. I did a lot more reading, and going into it this time around I feel much more prepared. Really hoping I realize some benefit.
Tuff it out. It’s worth it. I’m going on 8 months very low carb. Less than 20 per day. If you get loose stools take a shot of vinegar, you need more acid in your stomach. Gross I know but it works.

TJay

Unfortunately alcohol is a trigger for inflammation. I've been a drinker pretty much all my life and I'm currently trying to scale back.
And those old injuries jbogg was talking of, they never really go away they just hibernate til you get into your fifties and sixties.

BeerThirty

Makes a lot of sense.

A doctor once told me that painkillers (OTC or prescribed) should be avoided if at all possible because pain was a natural and essential part of the healing process. He gave me the example of post-surgery. He said imagine sitting on your bed in pain trying to recover, being told by your doctor to rest and keep activity as minimal as possible. Every time you move, stretch, etc... You feel a tremendous jolt of pain. Well, that is the body's way of telling you to not move, or to move slower, etc... But if you are all doped up on painkillers, you will not feel that pain and you put yourself at risk of overexertion that could redamage your wounds. Sure, that doesn't necessarily apply in all situations but it certainly made a lot of sense to me!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Makes a lot of sense.

A doctor once told me that painkillers (OTC or prescribed) should be avoided if at all possible because pain was a natural and essential part of the healing process. He gave me the example of post-surgery. He said imagine sitting on your bed in pain trying to recover, being told by your doctor to rest and keep activity as minimal as possible. Every time you move, stretch, etc... You feel a tremendous jolt of pain. Well, that is the body's way of telling you to not move, or to move slower, etc... But if you are all doped up on painkillers, you will not feel that pain and you put yourself at risk of overexertion that could redamage your wounds. Sure, that doesn't necessarily apply in all situations but it certainly made a lot of sense to me!
Excellent post!
Painkillers treat the symptoms not the cause.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I quit eating tomatoes cause Tom Brady said it causes inflammation. But we do keep prescription ibuprofen on hand. that and excedrin migraine.