Inshore SSI 7/26/10

wharfrat

Had a trip today with Reverend Randy Carnley (revrandyf on GON) and his son Ethan. After scouting around yesterday, I was less than optimistic about today's trip. Started off at one of the redfish drops, but the sharks had other ideas and blistered our tackle and bent some rods pretty good. Moved on to another spot and we caught one trout and some assorted trash fish. Fished the corks for a little while and ended up with a couple short trout.

The time was running short and I wanted to resort to what works good for me-finesse fishing plastics (gulp). As it turns out, Randy and Ethan are very accomplished bass fishermen in North Georgia. Things could not have worked out any better as they began to pop every tree top, bump every stump, piling, point, rocks and docks with pinpoint accuracy. Randy even commented this was like bass fishing back home, which as you've probably read in some of my posts, is how I prefer to fish. They ended up scratching out nine trout (4 nice keepers), six short reds and three flounder. It occurred to me later that they both got their slam using gulp ghost shrimp, 4" swimming minnow and 3" natural shrimp. :yeah:

Randy and his son Ethan, besides being excellent anglers, were a real pleasure to fish with. I look forward to fishing with both of them again soon.

img_2691.jpg

img_2692.jpg

img_2695a.jpg

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
sounds like fun! good job, as always, to ya wharfrat!

revrandyf

It was truly a good day, Tim. Thanks for your hard work; having us on fish all day and making the day extremely enjoyable for my little man. For anyone looking for a good fishing trip, give Tim a try, you won't be disappointed. Tim, I look forward to fishing with you again. Blessings