Internet phone service

Preacher2671

Is anyone on here using one of the internet phone services for local and long distance calling? If so how is it working for you? I heard Clark Howard talking about it today and it sounded interesting.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I'm using VoIP through vonage.com and I'm here to tell you it great!

No delay in transmission and much clearer than my old landline!

I went with their 500 minute plan for $14.95. Each additional minute is about 3 cents.

I just got my first bill. I had about 80 minutes of long distance with my total usage at 579 minutes and my whole bill including tax etc was $18.60!

I was paying Alltel about $85 per month for a crappy sounding service where I was afraid to make a long distance call.

This is not the phone system of the future! It is the phone system of the present!

Much, much better quality than a land line.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Almost forgot!

For those that really want to do a lot of long distance calling, $24.95 gets you unlimited nationwide calls!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am still using bellsouth, but am looking at Vonage. Only reason I use bellsouth is because I also use their DSL service.

Jim

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Get rid of DSL. Go with a cable modem and vonage.

Much faster, cheaper and better quality.

brandon

Administrator
My main office is now in Warner Robins. When we moved, I got a Vonage line to allow our Atlanta area customers to reach us via our old 770 number and it works great. I clocked in 3000 minutes on that number last month, so I'd probably qualify as a fairly heavy user. Highly recommended.