Is there a religion/belief that does a sort of palm rubbing?

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Scenario:
ER, patient with traumatic brain injury, unresponsive.
Wife, and parents are there along with their minister and wife.
Ministers wife opens a metal can about 1" in diameter, rubs her index finger in it and then rubs it on the palm of the patients hand while whispering to them closely.

Is this a normal practice?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Scenario:
ER, patient with traumatic brain injury, unresponsive.
Wife, and parents are there along with their minister and wife.
Ministers wife opens a metal can about 1" in diameter, rubs her index finger in it and then rubs it on the palm of the patients hand while whispering to them closely.

Is this a normal practice?
The patient was likely receiving the last rites or prayers for the sick. Anointing the forehead and palms along with prayers.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
This is the on topic forum, responses should focus on answering the OPs question. This is not an open discussion.

Reference Clemson Ranger’s post.

Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Could have been Catholic or Methodist, anointed with olive oil while being prayed for. My wife’s father was a Methodist pastor before he passed away, he kept a small vial of oil with him for such an occasion.

oldfella1962

Could have been Catholic or Methodist, anointed with olive oil while being prayed for. My wife’s father was a Methodist pastor before he passed away, he kept a small vial of oil with him for such an occasion.
Here is more information that may be helpful. I would guess that world-wide there are even more religions that follow similar practices.