It doesn’t matter if you called him Maverick or Rockford……

Hillbilly stalker

He was a hero.
Joined the Merchant Marines at 16 years old.
Fought in both WWII and Korea
Earned several medals, ribbons, citations including 2 Purple Hearts .
Credited with saving his squad by smelling an enemy patrol.

Who knew ? Definitely one of the greatest generation.:tip:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwicjYTUjfuCAxVIFTQIHbruDPIQFnoECB8QAQ&url=https://www.warhistoryonline.com/korean-war/james-garner.html&usg=AOvVaw2RTzBaHtgmhMbERUElshhw&opi=89978449IMG_2750.jpeg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
i enjoy watching the Maverick series, and some of the Rockford stuff. He and Clint did the Space Cowboys with Tommy Lee Jones. It was a great movie

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Good ol kimchi...

Toliver

He was a hero.
Joined the Merchant Marines at 16 years old.
Fought in both WWII and Korea
Earned several medals, ribbons, citations including 2 Purple Hearts .
Credited with saving his squad by smelling an enemy patrol.

Who knew ? Definitely one of the greatest generation.:tip:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwicjYTUjfuCAxVIFTQIHbruDPIQFnoECB8QAQ&url=https://www.warhistoryonline.com/korean-war/james-garner.html&usg=AOvVaw2RTzBaHtgmhMbERUElshhw&opi=89978449View attachment 1274403
You got that YouTube short, too? I just learned that stuff about James Bumgarner, too.

Did you see Lee Marvin? Charles Bronson? Audrey Hepburn? There are a few more but these stuck out as pretty impressive stories.

Hillbilly stalker

You got that YouTube short, too? I just learned that stuff about James Bumgarner, too.

Did you see Lee Marvin? Charles Bronson? Audrey Hepburn? There are a few more but these stuck out as pretty impressive stories.
Yeah it popped up, I read alot of Military history and have came across his service before. Jimmy Stewart, Audie Murphy and James Arness are some other interesting reads and of coarse Sgt. Alvin York. Men among men. :flag:

oldfella1962

i enjoy watching the Maverick series, and some of the Rockford stuff. He and Clint did the Space Cowboys with Tommy Lee Jones. It was a great movie
Yes Space Cowboys was pretty good. And the Merchant Marines were no joke! They suffered many casualties/fatalities - dangerous work right there.
As for joining at age 16 I guess the military didn't have the technology to investigate & confirm the claims of recruits in a timely manner back then. These days a recruiter can run a background check on somebody about as fast as the cops can.

Redbow

I appreciate what he did for our country but I was never a fan of James Garner as an actor.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Most actors were/are liberal

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Most actors were/are liberal
I know. And I don’t care that he was. I brought it up because me and a few others once got scolded by the op for being fans of Joe Rogan. The reason why? He’s a liberal. I’m one of the most far right people on this board and I just do t care about people having the same politics as me. If I like them that doesn’t much come into play.

Hillbilly stalker

I know. And I don’t care that he was. I brought it up because me and a few others once got scolded by the op for being fans of Joe Rogan. The reason why? He’s a liberal. I’m one of the most far right people on this board and I just do t care about people having the same politics as me. If I like them that doesn’t much come into play.
You weren’t scolded. You took up for a guy who openly stated the constitution was an outdated piece of paper and needed replaced, then you listed a handful of like minded people you supported. If you had thrown Jane Fonda and a couple of flag burners in there….you would have had a complete package. Your choice.

This post was about honoring a war hero from the greatest generation, I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t try to turn it into something else.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You weren’t scolded. You took up for a guy who openly stated the constitution was an outdated piece of paper and needed replaced, then you listed a handful of like minded people you supported. If you had thrown Jane Fonda and a couple of flag burners in there….you would have had a complete package. Your choice.

This post was about honoring a war hero from the greatest generation, I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t try to turn it into something else.
I said I liked him too.

I won’t argue the finer points of constitution with you. I’ve gotta feelin that would be a short conversation.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
You posted a video about loading deer by yourself. Was that you in the video?

Last edited:

Latest posts