It weren't my fault....Blood on the Ground put me up to it

Dub

I made a sure 'nuff mess in the kitchen.

It'll either clean itself up....or it won't. Either way the sun will set tonight on some full bellies 'round here.

Was given a target time of 5:30pm for nightly vittles. It was known to all parties that we were having fish'n'chips.

Cats.

Sliced the fillets into chunkster sized pieces and gave 'em a rest in Crystal Garlic & buttermilk as per the description @blood on the ground schooled us on with the Red Snappa Home Run Derby.

Took 'em out of soak and tossed 'em up good with House Autry Seafood Batter Mix. Been using that stuff since I was a little fella and helping Grandad & Grandma get stuff prepped. Anything that involved fire or extreme heat was of interest when it produced tasty food. A budding young pyromaniac with a purpose.

Made a batch of slaw using shredded cabbage, Duke's, honey, red wine vinegar & Wickle's relish. Made it a bit soupy on purpose....slaw juice getting absorbed by the hushpuppies on yer plate is a powerfully synergistic experience that tends to be most agreeable.

Speaking of hushpuppies......mixed up a batch and had 'em ready to scoop up with an ice cream scoop and drop into the hot peanut earl.

Can't have fish'n'chips without chips......

Also gotta have malt vinegar along with the usual suspects.

I was hugely lazy and didn't mix my own cocktail sauce or remoulade. Couldn't find my horseradish and it was driving me nuts. I wanted to step on this stuff something fierce...but had to settle for the weakness.

Enough with hearing the labor pains.......time to show off the baby.

Dusted them with an interesting combination of seasonings....actually low sodium but largely flavorful. The kids said they loved it.

Cats in the foreground....cheddar hushpuppies flanking.

Got a plate ready & eased outa the way before the carnage ensued.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Dadgum over achievers! That looks awesome!

GA1dad

I do believe you touched on every nook and cranny of goodness with that meal,,,,, well done Dub!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most excellent looking fare, Dub!