It's not a deer, but it is a record

swalker77

Have any of you seen this yet?
dpa8lz.jpg

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/s/h_fea_elk_NM_Harber_05.html

sentrysam

Wow

Man,I'd have to think twice about gettin in the same woods with that thing,thats a lot of steaks to be tote'n around

raghorn

That's a huge bull ! Usually when you see one like that Chuck Adams is in the photo grinning.............:bounce:

GTHunter007

wow,, that has to be close to a WR. Anyone know for sure what it scores, gotta be in mid to upper 400's.

GTHunter007

Taped by Safari Club International scorer James Torivio Jr., the 7½-year-old bull weighed an estimated 1,100 pounds and boasts an SCI score of 411 4/8 inches as a typical and 425 2/8 inches as a non-typical

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
GTHunter007 said:
wow,, that has to be close to a WR. Anyone know for sure what it scores, gotta be in mid to upper 400's.

Click on the link below the picture and check out the full story.

Thats a great bull no doubt about it.

B

Bowbender

Kind of looks like are deer up here.... :bounce:
Thats a stud, man that would be so cool.......... :fine:

marknga

GONetwork Member
Man that is unbelievable! Can I imagine something like that?
Nah..........I quit drinking years ago :D

Beautiful animal.

Mark

gordylew

Hate to be a negative nancy but I noticed its SCI scored and not P&Y . SCI recognizes fenced game P&Y doesn't. Just a thought.

DSGB

Since Swingle says that a potential SCI all-time top-10 animal must be measured by a "master measurer" after a 60-day drying period, none of the figures for the Harber bull are etched in stone.

Likewise, the massive bull must dry 60-days before an official Pope & Young Club score can be obtained, as well.

A source with the Pope & Young Club indicated on Wednesday that, according to the newest P&Y record book (the sixth edition, published earlier this year), a 402 5/8 inch bull is the top non-typical elk listed from New Mexico.

Apparently not high-fenced. It was on the 550,000-acre Acoma Indian Reservation near Grants, N.M.

That's an awesome bull! :hair:

gordylew

If thats the case I stand corrected! Mark that in your calender.

LJay

Retired Mod
Man!! I don't care where it came from. He shot that MONSTER with a stick and string. I would be afraid I'd make him mad, and I can't run too fast now more.