Jeep Trail Rated?

earlthegoat2

I am asking a question here but this thread can be for more open discussion on Jeeps to. Not to detract from the other thread or anything.

What is the difference between a Jeep that has a Trail Rated badge and a same model and year Jeep that has identical equipment and options but no badge.

Besides the physical badge that is?

Im familiar with this web page but it is literally just an advertisement and really doesnt give a concise no nonsense answer.

https://www.jeep.com/trail-rated.html

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Probably another $2500.00 to the sticker price!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have never seen any difference myself. I truly believe it's just a sales ploy to get buyers into a ride.

Lilly001

I believe “trail rated” designation had to do with a civil suit against them when a minimally equipped product failed to preform.
It’s also advertising.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Probably means you can drive it on gravel roads as opposed to pavement
Preferably in groups of thirty or forty Jeeps lined up bumper to bumper that block up all the traffic on gravel singletracks, spin out big mudholes in the roads, and annoy the local folks to death.

earlthegoat2

My Liberty has it. It’s the first thing my brother mentioned when I showed him this picture. Note you must zoom in quite a bit to see it.

843280E6-0D74-4BEE-92C4-9D88245D6E1B.jpeg

My wife asked me what it meant and I laughingly said, “ I don’t know. Maybe because it’s 4 wheel drive and has a pretty low low range. You could get any Liberty equipped like this”

I will say that as a vehicle, it does turn pretty sharp. It has a smaller turning radius than my old 2012 Ford Focus.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I’m just having fun with Coop. But some of these Jeep folks are a lot like the Harley motorcycle folks. They just want to be part of a thing.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’m just having fun with Coop. But some of these Jeep folks are a lot like the Harley motorcycle folks. They just want to be part of a thing.
I have absolutely nothing against Jeeps or the people who drive them. These Jeep Club things with 25-50 of them in a cluster completely blocking the one-lane gravel roads and wallering out the forest service roads to where they're almost impassible and causing massive erosion is getting out of hand quickly, though. I'd never seen that phenomenon until a few years ago, and it keeps getting worse and worse around here. I don't really understand it. I drive a Nissan Frontier 4x4 pickup. I have absolutely no desire to get together with 50 other people who drive the same rig and drive up and down every gravel road and forest service road in my county all weekend, though. :huh:

trad bow

I live right in the Oconee National Forest. It got so bad the rangers closed access to all the one lane roads.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I live right in the Oconee National Forest. It got so bad the rangers closed access to all the one lane roads.
They have gated and closed a bunch of forest service roads here in my county because of it, and that makes me mad. Some of my best areas I've been hunting and fishing all my life I have to walk miles into now, and would have to pack a deer or bear miles back out of.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
My Liberty has it. It’s the first thing my brother mentioned when I showed him this picture. Note you must zoom in quite a bit to see it.

View attachment 1154964

My wife asked me what it meant and I laughingly said, “ I don’t know. Maybe because it’s 4 wheel drive and has a pretty low low range. You could get any Liberty equipped like this”

I will say that as a vehicle, it does turn pretty sharp. It has a smaller turning radius than my old 2012 Ford Focus.
How do you get in or out of those side entry garage doors in a vehicle? ?

John Cooper

Jeep folks, and I am talking about CJ, TJ and most JK and JL owners are a close knit group. We normally wave at each other, converse and generally enjoy each other's company.

I don't like to ride with big groups because, it slows down the ride and tends to bunch up.

John Cooper

Thanks for killing the trout and salamanders and mayfly nymphs, and causing massive erosion. ::ke:
My pleasure, ;);) the first picture and the last picture are actually a county road that is open to traffic, if they can make it. The 2 middle pictures are on private property. The guys I ride with always take bags of trash out that others have left behind.

trad bow

My pleasure, ;);) the first picture and the last picture are actually a county road that is open to traffic, if they can make it. The 2 middle pictures are on private property. The guys I ride with always take bags of trash out that others have left behind.
Shouldn’t be any trash to pick up. Also you or anyone else including myself should not ride through any stream or river for any reason including pleasure.